Eastern Car Works Passenger Cars

nkp174

I've asked this question on another forum with no replies...I've also seen that this was asked on here a few years ago...with no replies....but I'll try again.

Does anyone have any experience with Eastern Car Works kits? I'm considering some HO passenger car projects, and was wondering if they are worth getting. I know that they are based on the 1938 20th Century Limited (the only 20th to be pulled by the 11 streamlined hudsons...they lost their streamlining before the '48 version).

I have heard that they were poor kits...so I wanted to check before ordering any. I'm quite certain that they have the wrong trucks as well.

My to do list is this 1938 train set (I have no interest in the post war trains), a 2600 series coach, a falls sleeper-lounge, and some NKP cars (yes, NKP174 actually doing something related to the NKP!!!)

Fluesheet

I've used Eastern Car Works truck kits for the N&W CF caboose I built. Decent detail, assembly engineering was ok.

Not what you're looking for re the car kits, but Id wager overall build quality is similar

Plus, at least now you have one response!

Matt

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
I've built a couple of Eastern Car Works Enterprise covered hoppers. It was some time ago, but I don't recall them being particular dogs, as kits go.

nkp174

I'm trying to decide if I should scratch build the cars or buy them. If they are comparable to athearn blue box, I'll scratch build them. If they are on par with Rivarossi's old cars, I might scratch build them, and if they approach the current Branchline-Walthers-Rapido...I'll buy them.

Thanks for the feedback.