Dry Chemical Research

rockislandmike

For anyone trying to figure out possible cargos for their covered hoppers, I'm working on a document that details a whackage of dry chemicals. Here's the latest version (I continue to add stuff to it every day, list currently includes 110 chemicals) . . .

Dry Chemicals

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Holey moley but that looked like a lot of work! Thanks for your efforts. I scrolled down and saw some of the uses and applications for various chemicals as well as some related industries. I've found it gets more interesting the more I learn about how the industries I've chosen to model on my railroad work.
Thanks Mike!
Ralph

rockislandmike

Pleased to say document is now *COMPLETE*, at least to my satisfaction (revisions to be done as new information comes my way, of course). 130 dry chemicals are included.

(( If you'd prefer the MS Word version, just pop me an email ))

Pooh Bah
Mike:
I didn't look too far into the document; are any of the sunstances hazardous? It would be useful if we could get the haxardous placarding details that are required.
Or is that a completely new research project?

rockislandmike

Where I could find it, I included both the UN Identification Number, and the NFPA/HMIS placard information. I also included the Transportation Emergency Card info where I could find it (this was the hardest to find, though). I'm not sure what other hazmat info would be available besides those three indicators.

Tileguy

Mike, i would love to have the MS Word document and would ask permission to share it with RyopsindustrialSig in yahoo if you dont mind.In turn if you are interested i would share with you a Database of over 50,000 industries in north america listed by region decade of operation and roads served by.if you only needed a specific region of the country that would be possible also.

If you are not a member of the ryops sig .perhaps you should be :)

rockislandmike

Not a problem to all of the above - just send me a message with your email address in it.

And I'm already a member of that group, it's one of the best resources I know on the net. I've already downloaded the industry database for for every region and compiled it into a giant Excel spreadsheet (actually I guess it's not really that giant when you compare it to some of the financial models I've created for work).

Tileguy

Mike, you will have to change your user CP.your set up not to accept emails from anyone in this forum.
I'll try again another day. :)