Drive-in Theatre/Carrols Drive-in

Shrug52

I am looking for two things. First is any kind of drive-in movie theatre. Any scale would be fine. I really love old drive-ins, lots of fond memories.

The second thing is Carrols Drive-in. I have seen photos of the finished model, but I have never been able to find the model itself.

If anyone can help me with wither of these, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hi Shrug 52,

Are you talking about the Model Rail Road kit of Carol's Drive In? I have seen a couple of these in RR Modeling Magazines and on websites. They seem to be a sort of generic late 50's early 60's styled scene in both HO and N scales. The same thing can be said for Drive In Theatre Models, neither one of these would be too difficult to model with a little basic scenery making. I would check out places like Woodland Scenics website or other Model RR kit spots.

Being an N scale model RR enthusiast I have checked out a lot of stuff of that nature. I also have Evans' Software Building Model program which allows you to make your own card model buildings in any scale that you chose. It is pretty user friendly and they have their own forum site where program users participate and share their designs. Some of these are as good as anything commercially available.