Strick67

AKA Dinoreplicas
Finally! made a start on the physical mural :).
Grid went up quick so got most of the lines down. Brown, magenta and cyan watercolor pencils.

der64yw-985616ee-494a-4eb7-bda9-c9a1f79622c4.jpg

Couple of close-ups

paw_patrol_wall_wip_01b_by_strick67_der652h-pre.jpg

paw_patrol_wall_wip_01c_by_strick67_der653j-pre.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
That's quite a distance, everything OK?
Yes, just got transplanted to San Diego from Georgia. Out here for maybe 6 more months, taking care of the granddaughter, and teaching the daughter in law to drive.

My step son and daughter in law are both active duty USN, He deployed to Japan in August, and she deploys in March.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to see that you were able to actually get started on the wall itself! I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Strick67

AKA Dinoreplicas
Maybe went a bit heavy with the brown outlines, we'll see. I've randomised the angles a bit on the starburst, the digital version was a bit too regular in hindsight.

paw_patrol_wall_wip_02a_by_strick67_dera8h2-pre.jpg

Also managed to get some flat colour on the logo, the A3 print taped to the door my daughter printed for me at work :).

paw_patrol_wall_wip_02b_by_strick67_dera8kf-pre.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's an eye-catcher!!! :)

Does your grandson know what you are doing or is he spending his time at another place so that you can surprise him with the finished piece?

Strick67

AKA Dinoreplicas
That's an eye-catcher!!! :)
Does your grandson know what you are doing or is he spending his time at another place so that you can surprise him with the finished piece?

It's not a surprise, I gave him a few ideas to pick from. I've noticed even younger kids love to feel involved and follow the progress. He spends half the week at his dad's which gives me time and space to work on it.

Strick67

AKA Dinoreplicas
Haven't done a lot on this lately but I've managed to get most of the flat colour down and a little shading at the extreme left. Things will slow down even more as I start painting details but there's also lots of other stuff I need to deal with this month. Not making any guarantees but I'm still hoping to be finished before the end of October.

derz9pi-1f05ca20-e297-4d75-8c55-759fe6a58ddc.jpg