Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi

Went mad tonight and ordered Fuso just could not resist that crazy Superstructure.

Any web sites or hints gratefully accepted.

Picture is what it should look like apologies to Roman if I have infringed his copywrite.

barry

Reactions: Blaine Lemert

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Way to go Barry

Great choice, Roman does not take long to send them as you know. The old printer will be bangging out sheets on overtime :lol:

It will be so tempting to go straight in to this I don't know if I could resist it :lol:

Good luck.

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso

Hi

Thanks Roman disk arrived quickly as usual, demo photos are huge even I can see them which is great. I am trying not to print it out just yet because I had a check through my models and found that they all need finishing

Graf Spee mast spars and 1 anchor chain plus touchup

Scharnhorst anchor and 8 gun barrels plus touch up

Takao 2 machine guns and the rest of the deck rails

Savage still building

I think I've got Tim's desease not finishing anything properly

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso

so OK I could not resist printing a page it's just what you would expect from Roman but, oh boy lining up all those planks in the deck is going to be fun. The superstructure is about 8" high so think of all those I managed to get this bit done photos.

Well worth the money Roman made it worth buying a printer!!

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Been waiting for this, I take it that you are going to brake tradition and do a full hull on this beast :D :wink:

This is going to be a great build as the design Roman has done with this is a visual work of art in its own right and we know you will give it your all.

Loads of photos and how you did the bits me old mate and I will probably see you next week..

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso base

Hi All

Just a rough cut to check fit (checking my cutting not Roman's design) base board width is 8". Although this lot makes or breaks a ship model I always happy to get it out of the way.
It all seems to fit together so far

4 months to do this one could be dodgy (that's if I haven't broken all the rules to start with) I shall ask for an arthritis handicap so there.

regards

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Scorpio

Great links now I have a mystery half the photos show blast bags on the casement guns and the others do not. I will hope DN reads this and tells us the definitive answer.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

She had the blast covers on all the guns!!

Check out photo 10 and part sheet 18, the template for the guns it the digital logo.

Regards

Rob

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Hi guys
I treat blast covers on all the guns (main and secondary) as optional. One can find pictures of almost every warship showing guns with and without them on. I was really surprised when I saw picture of USS Pennsylvania firing main battery WITHOUT :shock: blast covers on.
Of course, every ship had all necessary hardware on turrets to install them. On my Fuso, I've installed covers on all secondary guns in casemates, but not on main armament. But I guess it's just your choice Barry.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso casement gun housings

Hi All

Started on the first bit that will make or break it, the gun casements. If it breaks it then its my fault the parts so far fit exactly into the hull. I have added a couple of extra glueing strips into the hull where the very thin end goes to give me a better chance of a good joint.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, Barry! :D

Looks like you're making great headway on this new one.
I enjoyed that earlier photo showing the size differences...looks like gigantic ship models are in fashion this time of year. :lol:
How long is she overall?

Looks like a nice, solid frame construction Roman designed. I am really looking forward to more photos as you tackle this build. :wink:

Cheers!
Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso casements

Hi All

Still dry fitting Fuso's casement batteries I thought I would show DN's ingenious interior fitting for turning the turets. I used the individual turrets to mold the front casement bearing to get a good fit.

I added the photo with Savage to show the size again Fuso is about 86 x 13 cm.

Adding the casement is already giving Fuso some character

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso

Hi All

Progress is slow at the moment I have completed the casements for the port side and built the basic structure for the starboard side I think I have managed to get the deck straight and level with the turrets. However if you make a mistake how come it is always in the dead centre of the picture luckily for me the blast bags will cover 90% of the error.

Sorry all a bit boring.

Roman's turret tops are so accurate I developed the techique of roll the the tube glue the tabs in fact glue everything, roll the tube round the lid, nip it quickly with tweezers turn it upside down push the lid down into position, it seems to have worked.

barry