Detailed Thunder Fighter Project

Rhaven Blaack

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
Having just finished mine, I now see that I should add the engines AFTER assembling the aft body completely.
I too learned quite a bit with the first time I built the Thunder Fighter. I am very certain, once you build it a couple more times, you will figure everything out.

Rhaven Blaack

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
Here are the underside components and the landing gear.

The underside components are attached.
IMAG5118.jpg IMAG5119.jpg

As you can see, I have raised a few of the panels, to give added detail.
IMAG5120.jpg IMAG5121.jpg

Here is the front landing strut. As you can see, I have added a little extra detail be raising the joint mounts.
IMAG5122.jpg IMAG5123.jpg

The landing strut is in place.
IMAG5124.jpg IMAG5125.jpg

Now on to the canopy (and to finish this build out).

Please stay tuned to your local Earth Directorate Broadcasting channels for further updates as they happen.
Thank you for watching.

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
This has to be one of your cleanest oes yet. Nice and tight, I bet with some R/C/ stuff and a little pusher proper, control surfaces, it would fly very well. It looks like it's flying standing still. :)

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
Unfortunately, I had to leave all of these models in Eastern Europe, when I returned to the U.S. Not only that, but my third ex-wife destroyed each and everyone of them.
The good things is, I get to rebuild them. The better thing is, there are a few more details that I have come up with that I am looking at adding on to make them more screen accurate.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Chris has gone all-out on the TF. We are preparing an upgrade set which will enable you to build THE ultimate TF paper model. The destruction of your fleet had s positive effect: Your skills have vastly improved after that and every new build I see from you is top-notch. :Drinks:

Rhaven Blaack

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
Chris has gone all-out on the TF. We are preparing an upgrade set which will enable you to build THE ultimate TF paper model. The destruction of your fleet had s positive effect: Your skills have vastly improved after that and every new build I see from you is top-notch. :Drinks:
Thank you very much for the kind words.
It has indeed! It has inspired me to come up with a few more detailed greeble parts that will bring it to life even that much more. Once I finish school, I should be able to devote more time to rebuilding the models that I lost and putting in the details and greebles that I want.

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Having just finished mine, I now see that I should add the engines AFTER assembling the aft body completely.

This is why build threads are so important. Some take for granted others will figure out something that the next person has missed. It has nothing to do with who is smarter or not, it just people think differently. :)