DeHavilland DH89 Dragon Rapide by Schreiber Bogen build thread

Boris

Hello all
Had to take a break, but here I am back.
Continued with the top rear parts of the engine cowlings. Now I begin to recognize Pawel Mistevicz design. For some reason, the skin parts do not have gluing tabs, there are straight gluing tabs to be glued to the inner structure's ribs and then the skin parts should be mounted.
I thought of having the skin parts connected to a single skin piece and then mount them on to structure tabs without gluing to the ribs, but the curvature of the skin made it awkward for me. So, slowly and carefully, I built these parts according to instruction. There is design issue in rear cowling part, it is a bit longer than needed.
It seems that the front engine part is too big, will check this later

Enjoy

20210703_034437_copy_1024x576.jpg20211210_232726_copy_1024x576.jpg20211210_232726(0)_copy_1024x576.jpg20211211_010821_copy_1024x576.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Fantastic job on the engine shrouds. If something seems long, I wouldn't cut it till you are ready ti glue, just in case something coems apparentt. your seams are so excellent. superb craftsmanship!! :)

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
What a wonderful kit of a fabulous plane - I most say Boris you've done a cracking job so far.

Before the world went to hell, Duxford Air Museum (not far from me) used to offer rides in one of these beauties - I have not been back for awhile. so I'm not sure if this is still the case, with certain covid restrictions in place, they may have halted it.

Anyway hope there's more to come?

Boris

What a wonderful kit of a fabulous plane - I most say Boris you've done a cracking job so far.

Before the world went to hell, Duxford Air Museum (not far from me) used to offer rides in one of these beauties - I have not been back for awhile. so I'm not sure if this is still the case, with certain covid restrictions in place, they may have halted it.

Anyway hope there's more to come?
Yes, I will get back to this build. I had to take a break and then an interesting model popped up on me, so I switched. But I will get back

• Haha
Reactions: Chuffy70 and mijob