December 04 photo contest - Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
OK, it's a winter scene :D

Proto or modeled. If you live in a climate that's hot all year, you may substitute anything to do with Christmas or other winter holiday. In either case, it must be railroad related.

Since we are off to a late start, you may enter up to the last day of December.

hohoho

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
This is a photo from a portuguese 200 series locomotive, here in Vila Real de Santo Antonio in the usually sunny Algarve, but this time, in the middle of snow... photo taken in 1952!

Attachments

• vaporvrsasmall.jpg
    vaporvrsasmall.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 594

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Here's another one from my little Christmas layout...(& I mean little!) :D

In this scene, a train rounds the bend into town, as some of the villagers make their way over to the church, in preparation for the upcoming Christmas pagent...

Attachments

• xmas1.jpg
    xmas1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 579
F

Fred_M

We gather Round the Christmas Tree

T'was the night before Christmas, and down by the tracks, all the hotrods were running, to see who's the best. The valve were all set in the engines with care, in hope that the rods would stay in the pans. The track was all dry from the desert without snow, the tires did bite and oh did we go. When I let out the clutch there was such a clatter, as the front end rose and the engine didn't spatter. Away down the track I flew with a flash, I banged all the gears and hoped I didn't crash. How fast I went I didn't know, till I got the ticket which I read in the glow... Merry Christmas to all and all a good nite. Dash

Attachments

• xmastree.jpg
    xmastree.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 496

lock4244

Nov 10, 2003
Scarborough, ON
Visit site
Re: Let it snow let it snow let it snow!!!!

Originally posted by interurben
Here is my winter photo, Taken last year in Markham.
At 14th ave west of Warden.
Rather a nice day for a Canadian:D :D :D :D :D :thumb:

Someone was waiting in the warmth at Railview, popping out into the cold long enough to get the returning Uxbridge Sub wayfreight... thats cheating! ;)

Mike (I usually wait in the warmth of my car!)

lock4244

Nov 10, 2003
Scarborough, ON
Visit site
December photo contest

Here's my contribution. CN 2530 and 5270 on intermodal train #103 at Pine Orchard, Ontario. This is on CN's Bala Sub, 38.38 miles north of Toronto Union Station. Taken January 12, 2001 at 11:45 am. I waited all morning for this guy... there was still some frost left in the tree's in the background. Winter, is there a better time to be out shooting?

Mike

Attachments

• cn2530_1.jpg
    cn2530_1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 428

Raildog

Dec 18, 2003
Central Florida
naphotos.nerail.org
1988 Chicago winter.

Taken at Wolf Point, just outside the CNW Union Station, on the West bank of the Chicago River. To the left is the Merchandise Mart and the North branch of the river. This METRA commuter train backs into Union Station on this bitterly cold day in 1988. The train is coming off the Milwaukee Road West line. I have heard that these engines have been or soon will be retired.

Metra1988Chi-vi.jpg

Glad to find another fine place to post my RR images!

Jerry

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Time for me to jump into the snowbank I guess:D

Winter has hit the Kettle Valley, with 2 days of heavy, wet snow blanketing the area and the crews are fighting the elements hard in an effort to clear the line.
Work Extra 5022 with Plow # 401016 holds the mainline at Kettle Valley, while Work Extra 8423 with Spreader # 402875 waits in the hole beside the station.

Cheers!

Terry

Attachments

• p1010067.jpg
    p1010067.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 396

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
This is a night shot I took EXACTLY 35 years ago, Dec 23rd, 1968, at 8:30pm. We are looking down on a pair of tracks leading from the West into the Central station of Berne, capital of Switzerland. Soon a train will arrive - the main and approach signals are open for a speed of 25 mph (grren/yellow). The pic was made from a track overpass.

Since then we didn't have too many white Holidays in the lower parts of Switzerland. :( Oh well, I'm still Dreamin' of a White Christmas...

Seasons Greetings to you all! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ron

Attachments

• hpbernsnownight.jpg
    hpbernsnownight.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 379
Status
Not open for further replies.