Curved double crossover

LoudMusic

In search of a hand laid (or prototype) curved double crossover I found this fancy bit of hand laid track.

Double_crossing.jpg

Impressive! But not what I was looking for.

Without doing too much part construction in XTrkCAD I came up with this:

curveddoublecrossingtg1.gif

I'm only curious if a photograph of such a device is available. I don't need one, don't plan to make one, or anything of the sort. Just curious is all.

Wow, that is impressive! What are the ties made from?
As for your diagram, I would say that there are Peco points that can make that trackwork. I'm not quite sure about the crossover, though.

Pooh Bah
Most of the railroads I know would take the crossover off the curve onto the nearest straight section. And probably separate it into two single crossovers. All the doubles I know are in big passenger stations or subways.
If I absolutely had to do the formation, I would probably use 4 Peco curved switches, replacing the crossing with two turnouts.

nkp174

Loud Music, looks like a cool project. I agree that you'll probably have a tough time finding a prototype because: 1) real railroads have substantially greater curve radii and 2) double track mainlines typically aren't built in the type or terrain that would force such track work.