Coupes I'm working on

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Tonino. It's really just copying what already exist. I want to make sure everything unfolds and so far it does.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I just finalized the front end. I will start on the frame, body mounts, rear end and engine/ transmission components,etc. as that is really necessary to make a successful car, let alone a model. Car people are really picky!! :) MAUFR1.jpg MauFR2.jpg

Tonino

Yes, this would be a nice subject to try your "chroming" techniques Dan!
I MUST decide to buy an airbrush sooner or later!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I am going the painted route. The chroming would be rad for sure. Presently looking for a nice 3 way view or a Chevy 350 V-8, so I can finish off frame.

ASC Mclaren

Oh man you gotta post pics of that!!
The Cord was one of my favorite cars. It is the ONLY front wheel drive car I like!!

I think we have a lot of gear heads here!! Chevy or Ford? I don't want to start a war. I will probably base the engine off of a Chevy 350 V-8. :)

My screen name is derived from the '88 ASC McLaren I owned and loved, a modified Ford Mustang, nearly identical to the photo to the left. My daily is an '89 Mustang GT. it just turned 290k miles, it still can spin the tires on dry pavement (when I leave work). I love it, but I would trade it in in a heart beat for a new '16 Mustang V8. I have two other Mustangs, my wife loves her Ford. Being that this is a friendly forum, I'll not crack wise on the inferiority of every other brand. :D

Well, in my opinion, Chevy has an engine....... FORD is only an acronym... First On Recycling Dump ......:wacky::)

@Dan, the new Mustang GT has more horsepower then 90% of the Ferrari's ever made. I drove a '14 with a mere 420 hp, and wow. I admit to no wrong doing, but a buck twenty in 4th, wasn't breathing hard. I was somewhat afraid of 6th gear.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Go for it!! I just happened by buy some Chevys, but mostly German and British cars (almost exclusively). The biggest mistake I ever made was not buy a green 1967 Mustang 2+2 Fastback, Green tinted windows light green interior, with a straight six. I didn't get it because of the "six', when in reality, that would have made that the perfect daily driver, and it was mind.

Feel free to express your preference, just because I make a stupid generalized comment doesn't mean you can't make an intelligent one. :)

p.s. The Connecticut State Police Clocked me westbound on I-84 leaving Waterbury, going up hill at 126 m.p.h. I had already hit the breaks, I was approaching 130. This was a special car, aluminum hood, trunk lid, and doors. It was geared tall. A version of that car won the Paris to Dhakar race 4 years in a road. That's with a 4.5 Liter overhead can (single) with port injection. 4.5 liters is only 273 c.i (cubic inches). It wasn't an off the shelf 450 SLC. So cheer on your Fords, I don't like every Chevy made, but I still wish I had my extended body windowless Chevy Panel van. Only 6 cylinders, 3 on the column, really easy to drive. :)

Spittin' image of the 450 SLC I put 110,000 miles on and sold for the same price 4 years later. :)

1976-mercedes-benz-450-slc.jpg

Last edited:

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Go for it!! I just happened by buy some Chevys, but mostly German and British cars (almost exclusively). The biggest mistake I ever made was not buy a green 1967 Mustang 2+2 Fastback, Green tinted windows light green interior, with a straight six. I didn't get it because of the "six', when in reality, that would have made that the perfect daily driver, and it was mind.

Feel free to express your preference, just because I make a stupid generalized comment doesn't mean you can't make an intelligent one. :)
Was that the same Mustang body style and color as the Bullet movie car?

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I was a lot dumber back then, also, my knowledge has been predominantly in foreign cars. ''I just found some nice drawing of a small block 350 Chevy I can use for the coupe. I'll have to make the engine first before finalizing the frame. ;)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
I'm getting all "revved-up" here...... :)
Looking forwards to seeing this/these model/s come together.... ;)

Tonino

Phew!!!

:wideyed: I was afraid I was gone too far with this joke! :angelic:
I was going to set up my suitcases and prepare to leave. :sorry:

Then the boss liked it. :)

I'm still in the "good ones" ... for this time :shamefullyembarrased:

Phew!!!

PS is that the engine, isn't it?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Definitely the worse place for a dizzy, I always switched them to Hall Effect ones so I would not need to mess with them. I've always liked Ford engines. I saw a 450 SL with a Ford 5.0 SHO engine wedged into it. It was a professional installation and the car was a rocket! Honestly, I like cars, and there are models of all the cars that I wouldn't mind having. I have no brand loyalty, I just like cars, older ones, truth be told.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Phew!!!

:wideyed: I was afraid I was gone too far with this joke! :angelic:
I was going to set up my suitcases and prepare to leave. :sorry:

Then the boss liked it. :)

I'm still in the "good ones" ... for this time :shamefullyembarrased:

Phew!!!

PS is that the engine, isn't it?

Tonino, that truly made me laugh and if a people can't laugh at themselves, that's too sad, and I just don't have that kind vanity, pride, or whatever it is called. I think it's nice to be made fun of. It makes me feel as part of the "gang". :)