Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

Hahahaha its the revenge of the sixthsign1

Sorry a little Starwars nerd humortrain97

Lots of cool stuff on the latest photo challenge:cool:

They are saying the floods out west are worse than hurricane Katrena

Got some stuff to do early in the morning:wave:

Brutus

TTFN CSX. I'm just glad that all those nations we have helped so many times manned up and sent us all this help. Uh... Well, never mind. Actually a bunch of people from New Orleans showed up to sandbag and help so hats off to them!

CSXect

wall1wall1wall1

Just wait till the waters head south those down river will be in trouble again:cry:

Still no sign of software maybe by Saturday it will show up:rolleyes:

Good night Chief if you are there, do not fall for any carpet baggers selling used trains:wave:

Brutus

Water is up to the 3rd stairs from the base of the Arch, but it was higher in 1993. They had to move a big outdoor concert though. A town further up river was evacuated last night. There is also flooding in some small towns in Illinois, I heard. We're safe here - after 93, we went looking to build a house and I checked a topographic map first thing.

Chief Eagles

Good night all. Tar and feather Carpetbaggers. :eek: Been resting in recliner watching a TCM movie [China Doll]. Worked hard at pond, signed checks at Town Hall and then water garden a little to give it a boost. Sleep tight all.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Goodmorning

Very cold here in S.A.!

Little man sleeps well though- we have him wrapped snug as a bug. :)

Keep well all...

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Getting ready to go to DR. No coffee nor any food. Have to fast for blood test. :cry: Will be almost lunch when I get out. Last day of low humidity and then it goes up but then a chance of showers. Need some rain. Hatter, I know you are having winter as below Equator. Do not think of Africa as being cold. Have a great day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 72 and cloudy, what else is new. The high should be in the low 90's and there's a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Welcome to the first day of summer. That's right, it's today. It's also the birthday of a friend of mine. I'll be going around to see him today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/20/2008

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate : 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows around 70. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

P1010009-18.jpg

steamhead

John....Congratulations on # 500....!!! I always look forward to your posts...to see if you've posted any pics of your great trains..!!! Let's see s'more.....!!

Mountain Man

North of Palmer Lake, Colorado: currently mid-70's, partially cloudy, light breezes - too nice to remain indoors but must work on "honey-do" list. That woman thinks faster than I work! Dogs are out; cats are out, bird is happy, sugar glider is asleep, three snakes likewise, the fourth is wrapped around my neck watching the screen intently as I type, and the lizards don't care one way or the other. Zoo license should arrive in the mail any day now...no wonder I have trouble finding space for my layout. :cool:

The bright side of it I am doing preliminary measurements for siting the layout today. I can see construction on the horizon! Now, if I can just finalize that pesky layout plan...:rolleyes:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Man, we still haven't run out of coffee [or sweet ice tea]?:p

Went and saw the new Hulk movie last night, the one Marvel produced. Compared to the other recent Hulk movie, the new Hulk movie's opening credits ALONE was better than the other Hulk movie in its ENTIRETY IMHO. You should go see the new Hulk, and Iron Man before it if you already haven't (just trust me on that), as they both are great movies (Iron Man is my 2nd all time fav movie behind Transformers, my first all time fav movie:mrgreen:)

Layout wise, the time for finally begining the transformation of my pink-foamboard wasteland into a scale town is drawing ever nearer, which means I'll have to dig out that DVD for landscaping from MR to refresh myself. Now if I could only remember where I put it...

Cheers,
CNWman

CSXect

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

It is the weekend where is everyone :confused:

Still lots of irons in the fire at the moment, :twisted: current interests Trains, entering drawings for cars tucks and motorcycles on powerblock tv website, trying to squeeze dollars and cents as much as I cansign1, programing and robotics and the coffee pot:thumb:

Brutus

500! Congrats, John! I was thinking of you today. I was talking to a buddy at work about toy trains. He runs N gauge. I told him to go to O so he could do the smoke and stuff, since he likes the old time trains best. I was telling him about my 4-6-0 set and what a good smoker it was and I remembered you telling me how much you and your grandkids liked it. Big selling point for me!

Nice crane, Jeffrey! Hope you had a nice get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.