Colonial Landram from Battlestar Galactica

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Now that is one neat trick. Makes the tracks easy ish, and repeatable. :animated:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Just read this from start to finish - love how the whole projects adapts and progresses...

Picked up some interesting info along the way too!
Thank you very much! Even though the Landram was not my first release it was the very first own model I designed from scratch. I wanted to give the community something back and thought a boxy design like this would not be too difficult to make. It was an easy kit to begin with, however, then came @Rhaven Blaack (and the BluRay release of the show)... :biggrin:

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thank you very much! Even though the Landram was not my first release it was the very first own model I designed from scratch. I wanted to give the community something back and thought a boxy design like this would not be too difficult to make. It was an easy kit to begin with, However, then came @Rhaven Blaack (and the BluRay release of the show)... :biggrin:
I know that you love a good challenge!!!:yesyes::cool: :skull

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Now then. After @Rhaven Blaack 's mind-blowing test of the track former (the Power Sled is so small that it fits in your palm, always remember that!) I will copy the technique to the Landram and will update the kit accordingly. Stay tuned for updates! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The old "Tucker" Sno-Tractors actually had their tracks go around box like structures on small wheels. The picture below shows it best. These were used to go to the North Pole, and in Antarctica. ;)

old-snow-machines-02-660x495.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
There was one parked about 10 miles from me for around a decade. The day I decided to go and take pictures of it, it was gone. Figures.

You can get a very detailed model here: