CleverPaperModel closing down in January 2019

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello fans,

another paper model website is closing:

https://cleverpapermodel.com/

Thanks to everyone who followed this site, this will be the last post it will be disabled in January 2019.

Thank you all who were able to enjoy the models that are here and also thank for the publicity.

The models will still remain alive scattered over the Internet on other people’s sites.

I hope I have contributed to the Papermodels world.

Thank you all.

If you need anything from the site just feel free to grab it NOW.

As soon as the blog has vanished this thread becomes "unstickied".

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for letting us know about this.
I did notice that there are a few of the Star Trek files missing. Here is a list:
NX01 Enterprise by Marko – Scale 1700
NX02 Columbia by Marko – Scale 1700
USS Enterprise B by Marko -Scale 1-700
Instructions Assembly Enterprise D - Assembly Instructions Enterprise D

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
These should be downloaded into our database. His site says in two languages that he expects this. Why not? I am having computer problems right know, if you guys have the time, and want to give it a go, you have my support, and appreciation. ;)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
These should be downloaded into our database. His site says in two languages that he expects this. Why not? I am having computer problems right know, if you guys have the time, and want to give it a go, you have my support, and appreciation. ;)

I think that is a very good idea. He is a member here. So, he can easily be credited as the owner of the models.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And if he wishes any changes made he may do it directly himself or contact one of us. I have his entire collection and will see what I can do (it's the end of the month and my speed is down). :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
And if he wishes any changes made he may do it directly himself or contact one of us. I have his entire collection and will see what I can do (it's the end of the month and my speed is down). :)
If you need help, please le me know and I will do what I can to help.

thegreek270

Good to here,

good luck with the rest. I had that problem too. Since i did not touch that particular drive after the incident i was lucky and i could retrieve almost everything. It just takes a lot of time so be very patient.

and merry Christmas by the way.

greetings from Greece

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you guys. I have recovered through 500 G's of data, still have a Terabyte to go!! :Computer:
I wish you the very best of luck with it. I hope that you are able to recovery everything

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Good to here,

good luck with the rest. I had that problem too. Since i did not touch that particular drive after the incident i was lucky and i could retrieve almost everything. It just takes a lot of time so be very patient.

and merry Christmas by the way.

greetings from Greece

YES!! Not touching the drive is imperative. It's all their. I won't be able to recover some programs as getting all the .bin and cab. and .cfg files is beyond my pay grade, but I can get everything else. The photos, models, and many of the text and .doc files, which have important information. I know have a burner with "M" drive technology, good for 100's of years, not cheap, but all things considered, not expensive either. The current ones will hold 128 Gig's of information per disc, but the 64 Gig ones are cheaper per disc than one big one. I'll burn my precious information to these discs. :)

xaero892

Mad Modeller
I have 2x 4tb hard drives in my system. If any space is needed for backups of models that will no longer be available, I would gladly set aside a portion if this would help the admins.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
One of these days, people will find that many, and I mean many, of these models will not be readily available, as the borders start going on on the Internet too. :(

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Hello fans,

another paper model website is closing:

https://cleverpapermodel.com/

If you need anything from the site just feel free to grab it NOW.

As soon as the blog has vanished this thread becomes "unstickied".

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Thanks for letting us know. FYI Just downloaded most everything I could. I might already have these in the collection already, but I'll check later to make sure. Didn't get the marvel figures though. Not my interest.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Real sorry this site is closing. These were clean, attire time models and the site was easy to navigate. If anyone knows him, please pass along y thanks for his contributions over the years and my appreciation for his talent and generosity.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@THE DC : He is a member here, so you may do it yourself. ;) His nick is "Clever". Unfortunately his last login was in May 2017.