Clever Santos and his Star Trek kits...

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Does anyone know where the Clever Santos page went that had the Star Trek kits?

Clever Santoro Lopes made a series of kits some time ago.

Does anyone know how to contact him?

He posted a wide variety of Star Trek kits some time ago and I was experimenting with one yesterday!

Any build threads, or online pics of completed models, would also be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: micahrogers

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Thanks for this thread, and thanks to Zathros for the link, I put them all in one folder. the Galaxy class instructions can be downloaded at the Galaxy link and you can hit download on the upper left button and then cut and paste from your browser's download section.

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
You are welcome! The address must have changed some time ago. I almost thought the models were gone. Grab everything now, they are not covered by the Wayback machine. ;)

Reactions: THE DC

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
You are welcome! The address must have changed some time ago. I almost thought the models were gone. Grab everything now, they are not covered by the Wayback machine. ;)

Thanks again; I am beginning to think that you should change your name to "Paper Oracle"?

Has a nice ring to it...[how does paper ring?]...

Let me test the sage, ever further..?

There was a Nova Class model, USS Equinox, produced by Warpgondeln, from a website titled PSF, or Planet StarFreak.

Do you know how to contact that author? That site also appears to have been lost to the rapids of web-surf.

The kit mentioned had some features that Clever's missed, graphically, but there were some odd build features not clear, with no instructions again. I haven't seen any build threads or pics to reference so maybe the author could help.

Slainte~

[Half-way to St. Pat's day....]

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
There was a Nova Class model, USS Equinox, produced by Warpgondeln, from a website titled PSF, or Planet StarFreak.

Do you know how to contact that author? That site also appears to have been lost to the rapids of web-surf.
Indeed! Fortunately it was archived by the Wayback machine:

The email address is stated there as well and the links still work. He is German, BTW. ;)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Indeed! Fortunately it was archived by the Wayback machine:

The email address is stated there as well and the links still work. He is German, BTW. ;)

Thanks!

I am exploring the combining of Clever's Kit with Warpgondeln' after matching their scaling.

Each kit is missing something that the other kit has for the studio Digi. If I can figure it out, I'l post a Franken-kit with instructions!

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Im already looking forward to see how you gone build this combination of models. Thats would be a nuce chalkenge.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thanks!

I am exploring the combining of Clever's Kit with Warpgondeln' after matching their scaling.

Each kit is missing something that the other kit has for the studio Digi. If I can figure it out, I'l post a Franken-kit with instructions!
I wish you the very best of luck with it and I am looking forward to see how it turns out!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Copy the email address and paste it in your email program. You should get a note if it got through after you have sent your message.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I finished the test build of the Clever model and am finishing up the Warpgondeln kit.

The graphics are much better on the Warpgondeln kit, and it is an odd fit, but is going together more smoothly. It does have several fit issues, so far, including the secondary deflector fit at the nose of the forward hull, and the spine bays/impulse engine. The Main deflector fit is challenging too. Still, so far, this is better than the Clever kit. The upper, main hull had gaps and the bridge area was, well, not publishable!!!

The spinal bays on the Clever model were better defined though. The nacelles were well fitted too.

I'll finish the test build on the Warpgondeln version, then explore how to merge the two kits for one good finish!

I will say, the Warpgondeln kit has much more accurate graphics, save a couple of small points. The secondary deflector is not complete and the spinal bays, including impulse engine, isn't as defined as in the Clever kit. The Clever kit leaves off several indented window areas and mucks-ip the sensor band that is supposed to be around the fore perimeter of the bridge housing; its along the rounded lower deck, where windows should be.

Examining the two kits, using the graphics from the Eaglemoss book that was recently made available, makes for an interesting comparison!

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Canyou give us a peak to see what you are doing it sounds verry intresting.

Here's a try!

I have run into a building block, so I'm sharing pics and seeing advice.

I REALLY wish designers would include directions, like DHWALE always provides. I grew up building plastic models, not connecting puzzles, and its a different mindset required. I prefer planning how to fit and hold, not how can it fit!

Here's my block.

The Nova class doesn't really have a primary hull/secondary hull fit, as there is not hull separation; temporary or emergency slips. Its all one hull. Sorry the fore "arrow-head" part, often called a primary hull in Trek, is a upper hull, while the aft/engine section is a lower hull.

Not that we have our terms to communicate, I ask for your help.

The joining of these hulls is problematic.

Please look at the first image for the separate hulls, with glue tabs (yes, I know there's a strong bias against using glue tabs, but this is a test/rough build; where I am trying to figure out how the author intended the model to build-up). It this first pic, you may note that the main sensor is a flat panel that glues to the top of the slightly curved navigational deflector (the blue thing). On either side of the dining of these pieces is a bit of overlap on either side; both having there own glue-tab. The lower hull has a curve outer hull that surrounds the navigational deflector (the blue and gold thing).

These pieces are supposed to win and enclose the navigational deflector; joining the lower hull to the upper hull.

There-in lies the problem.

Attachments

• How the hulls join Nova classjpg.jpg
    How the hulls join Nova classjpg.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 8