Captain Apollo died today

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
To everyone,

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I just heard that the actor that played the original Captain Apollo, Richard Hatch died today. :( I understand that he was one of the forces in Hollywood that got the ball rolling for another Galactica series. A toast to of ambrosia to him and his family.:Drinks: May he rest in peace!:angelic:

Richard-Hatch-Apollo-Zarek-BSG.png

170207-richard-hatch-battlestar-galactica-ok-1951_d68919466408813b5bdef2154e8cff4a.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What a sad, sad day... He and Dirk were my heroes. I loved to watch him talk about the show and its production. My condolences go to his family and friends. Cancer is a nasty desease.

:adamicon:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It is very sad news indeed!
My deepest and sincere condolences to his family!
I am very fortunate to have had to opportunity to meet him in person at Galacticon-4. He was a really nice person and interesting to talk to.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
I know this is a devastating blow to many fans.
These were our heroes.
I'm so sorry for the hurt losing all these inspiring actors and the roles they played has caused.
All I can say is that the best memorial I have ever heard was to remember them and the lessons that they taught us, and to try to live in a way that would make them proud of us and the work they accomplished.
What I remember most about Apollo is that even tho he lost his mate, he kept on with his responsibilities and cared for his adopted son, and was a good friend to starbuck even when he was at his wildest.
Good loyal friends and dependable warriors is what Apollo and Richard hatch makes me think of.
Bless his family and loved ones on their journey.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's really sad. I wish him well on his journey, and hope his family does well. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The show "The Expanse" had a really nice tribute to him in the beginning of the episode. This is a must watch series by the way. Many modeling candidates.