calling all calipers!

gcodori

Jun 30, 2004
I have a strange request regarding needing the measurements of diesel drivers and axle spacing.

Does anyone know of any HO diesel two wheel truck switchers (like sw-7's) which have an axle spacing of 11/16 inch and driver diameter of 0.3125"?

I'm looking for a particular driveline to fit a project I'm working on. The spacing and diameter is not critical, but needs to be close to fit the chassis. I would prefer old school chassis design with motor and universal joints, not the split frame design.

Any suggestions?

GregC

gcodori

Jun 30, 2004
Nobody?

I guess I'll have to find a LHS that won't mind me opening up packages and measuring diesels.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Have you checked Athearn truck spacing? The parts for Athearn diesels are readily available. My local hobby shop takes all of the locomotives out of the boxes and display them in a locked case. At my local shop, there would be no problem with having him remove the locomotives from the case to measure the wheelbases one at a time if he wasn't too busy. If you go to the hobby shop and find a crown of customers, common courtesy would suggest that you come back at another less busy time to do your measuring.