Building the Stargazer

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I don't think that model had formers inside to keep the shape? If they don, making a box to hold shapes like where the saucer section connects to the nacelle support pylons will go a long way in giving you something to glue onto, keeping the edges clean This model looks better than many I have seen from far more experienced modelers. You do good work. We offer techniques to just about everyone, and we accept them. It is never criticism, it is the nature of this sharing forum, and a way to keep this hobby alive. The other word you will want to learn is "Greebling". That's when you print out an extra page of a surface, and either ad sides, or do something to bring out the texture instead of relying solely on graphics. :)

AdmiralGR

May 3, 2020
London
I don't think that model had formers inside to keep the shape? If they don, making a box to hold shapes like where the saucer section connects to the nacelle support pylons will go a long way in giving you something to glue onto, keeping the edges clean This model looks better than many I have seen from far more experienced modelers. You do good work. We offer techniques to just about everyone, and we accept them. It is never criticism, it is the nature of this sharing forum, and a way to keep this hobby alive. The other word you will want to learn is "Greebling". That's when you print out an extra page of a surface, and either ad sides, or do something to bring out the texture instead of relying solely on graphics. :)

So do you mean adding extra detailing with extra bits of glued on card?

If one was making an Ent D maybe printing two saucers and layering a phaser strip on top of the printed one to 'lift' the model a bit?

Reactions: micahrogers

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
So do you mean adding extra detailing with extra bits of glued on card?

If one was making an Ent D maybe printing two saucers and layering a phaser strip on top of the printed one to 'lift' the model a bit?
You can even recess certain components by cutting the printed texture out, then layering everything under the part to make it look recessed.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Great!! one of my favorites. I enlarged Rawen's version and also made a huge one that I have yet to build and make build pics of and post in downloads. 15 pages in blue and white plating. I can email it to you if you wish. It will be a while before I build it.

AdmiralGR

May 3, 2020
London
Great!! one of my favorites. I enlarged Rawen's version and also made a huge one that I have yet to build and make build pics of and post in downloads. 15 pages in blue and white plating. I can email it to you if you wish. It will be a while before I build it.
Yes please!!!

Reactions: zathros