Buck Rogers robot "Twiki" custom design thread

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I know this is always a dilemma. It is a delicate decision how many times you subdivide the faces to get a pleasing result. The smooth curves of the Turbobike come to my mind; I think I'll need to make two, one simple one and one more smoothed out one. I would keep both for those who want to build a smaller version or who want to speed up the build process. Anyway, this is my humble effort of making a head for a Twiki figure:

;)

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
I know this dilemma. It is a delicate decision how many times you subdivide the faces to get a pleasing result. I would keep both for those who want to build a smaller version or who want to speed up the build process. Anyway, this is my humble effort of making a head for a Twiki figure:

;)
Excellent!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I am glad to see that you are still proceeding with this project.
With that being said, I wholeheartedly understand that real-life issues than precedence. I hope that all is going well.

Reactions: ShadowCory

ShadowCory

Oct 25, 2021
Thanks. It's really all good, but moving, even if it's a few blocks away, takes a lot out of you. I've been in my new home about a week, and I just found my computer monitors in a box labeled "Snacks" :laughrolling:And work never stops, just gets busy for a few months, then settles down for the summer a little.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
After I got back from California, My Dell laptop crapped out, so I'm back on my old HP All-In-One... But I ordered the 16G upgrade for it from Crucial. I hate moving...

ShadowCory

Oct 25, 2021
After I got back from California, My Dell laptop crapped out, so I'm back on my old HP All-In-One... But I ordered the 16G upgrade for it from Crucial. I hate moving...
Damn straight! I hope I never have to again. I did buy some silver poster board. I'd like to make Twiki again once I find my scissors :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I wholeheartedly understand the mixed emotions of moving (especially when you are moving internationally). With that being said, I wish you and your family all of the very best with your new home. I hope that al works out well for you!

Reactions: ShadowCory

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing the updates. This model screams for a silver spray finish.:)

Reactions: micahrogers