BSG MKII Viper

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That looks cool! How well does the interior fit? Which changes did you have to make? Does it scale up properly?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Nice to see a Viper being built. "Comet" TV just started showing the latest iteration of BSG reruns, and in order. Great model! :)

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
First I want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement. I thought about doing this two years ago, but didn't have enough designing or working with MS Paint and Gimp to attempt it. My first problem was UHU02's version uses a single former running from nose to engines, where as Ninjatoe's has two. I used PDFill to take the images from the PDFs of both models, so I could use MSPaint to resize the parts and insert the cockpit part from UHU02 part 1 as seen in the first two pictures above and the ones below. Once I found the right size I made the rest of uhu02 parts the same size. Next was the parts that replaced Ninjatoes parts D AND E with UHU02s parts 4,3 and 129. These parts have a single line to cut a slot and how long to cut it. I used parts D and E to get the spacing for the double slots. Part 2 the floor has two in the front and two in the back. All other cockpit parts are cut and glued normally. The only other problem was the part the seat glues to with the tube on the back that glues to another part that sticks up. It makes the cockpit longer than the cockpit hole, but if you cut out for it on the part that the tail engine glues to, which is shape like an hour glass the part the canopy glues to will cover it with a little modification. The part the canopy glues to has a top, two sides, a bottom, and no front just glue tabs. Cut the bottom off to fit over the cockpit part that sticks up, and cut the glue tabs shorter so they don't get in the way of the windows. I cut them off and made a part to cover the front with enough sticking out to glue the canopy on. Well that is it so far.

Screenshot019.jpgScreenshot020.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Great tutorial! Thank you for sharing this with us. Doing this has been on my todo list for a very long time, now I think I can check that off. The procedure is similar to what I did with Shunichi's TIE fighter. I take it that the cokpit interior sits pretty stable because of the two formers, doesn't it?