Blackadder's Imperator Titan Build

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Thanks for the replies.

Weapons Mounted;

Temporarily to be sure but as a dry run it seems they hang admirably.

V9eMciCl.jpg

The Gatling is quite a bit heavier that the plasm Blaster but not enough to unbalance the mounting.

3S8QYURl.jpg

A problem revealed itself on this first application; namely there does not seem room for the ammo drum in the gantry. :bleep:

6X9GnQql.jpg

Also my idea for an ammo belt in the lower body of the titan doesn't seem likely at this time without a major revamp of the magazine position.... :violin:

D6HdcL3l.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I look forward to at least seeing one section painted to get a hint of the final piece. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I guess I missed that one, superb!!! :)

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
I arrived at Zealot late in my modeling career. Years after I completed Luteus Vexant.

Luteus Vexant Stands 160 feet (49 meters) tall.

This is not a kit. Almost everything is handmade from scratch fabricated from individual bits of styrene.

There are well over 10,000 bits of plastic glued together some no bigger than the head of a pin.

"Luteus Vexant" is the name I chose for the Warlord It in Latin loosely translated means "Dirty Harry."

The Titan has a full interior with five levels completely furnished and manned with a crew.

I am still in the process of wiring the lighting and it needs more paint.

NgEqa30l.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! The Titan looks like a gothic cathedral turned into a mecha. I would use anthrazite, copper and brown on it. And glowing eyes. :)

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Thanks for the replies.

Gatling Gun Rear Subsection

For those who wish to follow along through each modicum of construction I present the following.

It may be noted that there is significant relief in the substructure of this section of the construct.

I found that the mounting bracket of the arm was too delicate looking for the mass of the gun so I doubled the thickness of the mounting yoke.
I used 10/24 countersunk screws and blind nuts to make the universal mountings of the arm.

This way I can achieve almost a full range of motion for the weapon.

I much prefer the intricacies of the drum style yoke to the bracket style yoke of the original 3D image.

Adapting the magazine aft section to the increased caliber of the barrels resulted in a few compromises in the overall appearances of the mounting system.

I probably could have done without the forward sight but I kept it for its aesthetic value.

Likewise the bulging midsection of the loader.

Now that I have fulfilled the need for displaying the inner structure I can proceed with applying the surface sheathing and detail.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The pic of Luteus Vexant is incredible, and gives an idea of how fantastic this will be. ;)

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Utility or Glitz:

I've come to a crossroads regarding the magazine.

Do I go for the more utilitarian magazine belt drawn from the hull of the titan or the ruddy great ammo drum mounted under the recoil/loader aft end of the gun.

To me the drum offers a small number of rounds compared to the in hull magazine plus it will hang very low on what is already a massive construction compared to the elegant Plasma Blaster and even the multi barreled Quake Cannon.

vfPfVush.jpg

Regardless the infeed ports on the sides of the loader needs to be manufactured and positioned.

The components shown above.

gvBU9zOh.jpg

The layout of the position drawn in which will be aligned with the drum and the hull positions.

dhSHH6Yh.jpg

The ports roughed in.

cUk4P2ih.jpg

And the roughed in chambers.

Last edited:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
My vote is for the body mounted magazine, with a feed belt. The drum would just make the whole model look 'lopsided'.

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Okay so I opted for the in hull magazine.

JnB9bJTh.jpg

The clincher was that the ammo belt port lines up perfectly with the hull section that I designated for the belt egress, no lie, it lined up perfectly. Ha!

Ef8SL5xh.jpg

Seen here directly above the loading port.

V8m22ELh.jpg

The large blank area is where the belt will be situated.

hZBaa9nh.jpg

A much better use than proposed in the original concept 3D art.

XfeezSJh.jpg

Cheers!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Great choice!:drinksmile:

Blackadder

Jun 6, 2009
Ammo Belt:

After a few bad starts I finally went back to my original plan of how to create this structure.

Also I decided to commit to an onboard round magazine rather than the drum attached to the weapon.

X0SKDLql.jpg

The reason is twofold.

1 The Ammo drum is too bulky to attach to the loading housing and would look ludicrous.

2 Plus the drum would be too small to store a significant number of rounds. The hull would be a better option.

Maintaining flexibility was also a challenge which necessitated splitting the rounds on the ammo belt strip. Since the belt is merely for show I can make this presumption.

It took me two weeks to come up with a viable plan and I haven't even applied the details;
Whew!