Battlestar Saturn (based on Gearz Battlestar Galactica)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Looks really freakin' cool. I wonder, if you "misted" it will a Grey Spray paint, the panel lines would still come though, and you would (could0 get one hell of an effect. I'd practice on a printed sheet first though. ;)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Looks really freakin' cool. I wonder, if you "misted" it will a Grey Spray paint, the panel lines would still come though, and you would (could0 get one hell of an effect. I'd practice on a printed sheet first though. ;)
Thank you sir! I have thought about trying different sealants (i.e. clear coats to see how well it would work on the templates before building and or on the model after building it). However, I just have not gotten around to it, yet.
1648050206104.jpeg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The model caame out really nice. Better than I thought it would, not because of your skills, but I thought model itself could be lacking. You made it really come out nicely! :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
The model caame out really nice. Better than I thought it would, not because of your skills, but I thought model itself could be lacking. You made it really come out nicely! :)
Thank you sir!!!
Granted, yes, the original base model is rather lacking in physical details. However, if someone really wanted to take the time to greeble it out, it has the potential for such.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Wonderful build! Scratch-builds like this one push the boundaries and show what you can do to turn a vision into reality. The additional arms look like the Battlestar is gliding through the air, like a hawk with his wings spread wide open or a seagull. The lines are crisp and clean and the body is straight. Very well done! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
This model is the very first paper model of a battlestar, so it is a piece of paper modeling history. It is great that Gearz added optional parts to flesh out the engine section. This was a very clever move. The texture was derived from a collection of close-up images taken by Jim Creveling who made a stunning replica of the original studio miniature. The only thing I did not like was that the markings were left in black and white. So I Gimped the colour back into the parts and send the results to Rhaven who then put them to "good use". ;)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Wonderful build! Scratch-builds like this one push the boundaries and show what you can do to turn a vision into reality. The additional arms look like the Battlestar is gliding through the air, like a hawk with his wings spread wide open or a seagull. The lines are crisp and clean and the body is straight. Very well done! :)
Thank you sir!!!