Battlestar Galactica - Light Bomber "Aurora" - Viper concept by Andrew Probert

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you! :)

Naw, it isn't that difficult. At least when compared to the Colonial Blaster :D . No, really, there are only a few tricky spots (mainly due to small glue tabs); the rest is fairly straight forward. Reason for the slow progress is that I am designing a few components on-the-fly, such as the big bomb, the "Sagitarrian Fire Lizard" ( :cool: ! ) and the landing gear. The engine tubes are pretty easy though (but repetitive ;) ).

In addition, this build has developed a life of its own so-to-speak (because of a very special fan ;) ). To be honest, when I was designing my first paper model (the Landram) I thought of making this concept ship some day, too. In the past few weeks I decided not to make "only" a model of what is shown in the draft but to make a model which is able to show what could have been seen on screen if it had been made for the show. :astronaut::):rolleyes:

Last edited:

starbuck

Oh, great news - as I managed somehow the Colonial Blaster I should also be able to build this ship.
@ Slow progess: I am (I think I can speak for many of us) happy about the "slow progess", because this gives the model the "extras" which make this build so extraordinary. So, Please take the time you need - it is worth as we all can see on the pictrues already posted.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@ Slow progess: I am (I think I can speak for many of us) happy about the "slow progess", because this gives the model the "extras" which make this build so extraordinary. So, Please take the time you need - it is worth as we all can see on the pictrues already posted.

Weeeeeeellllllll, having spent the last three months attaching ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the tiny tubes around the engines I continue with this plane. I hope if you build it, you won't need as much time to do that! (Just kidding! :D)

DSCF8400.jpg

DSCF8401.jpg

DSCF8404.jpg

DSCF8405.jpg

Everything attached:

DSCF8408.jpg

DSCF8409.jpg

Current state:

DSCF8411.jpg

DSCF8412.jpg

DSCF8413.jpg

Next will be the landing gear and the weapon's pod. :)

Attachments

• DSCF8406.jpg
    DSCF8406.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 14

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you! :)

While looking at the engines I noticed that something didn't look quite right. So I changed the texture from this

thrusters0.png

to this (engines off)

thrusters2.png

and this (engines on).

thrusters.png

Since there are four thrusters you'll have several display options:

off - off - off - off
on - off - off - on
off - on - on - off
on - on - on - on

or any combination inbetween. ;)

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I like the new look of the exhausts. I think that these will work better.
Not only that, but if someone decides to fit it for lights. They can cut out the black sections and have the yellow LED behind it.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You can also laminate the the grey rings to recess the black (or yellow) exhaust vents as well (to show a little detail).