Bantha II cargo skiff from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (Scratch build)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
But a good one. Not based on the available SketchUp model (its proprtions are wrong). :)

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
I will NOT use SketchUp. The last time I tried to use that, I seriously considered shooting myself in the head. I prefer CadKey or
to a lesser extent Autocad. I have the last 3 versions of CadKey, (before they quit making it and went to making licensing programs
for other software companys). I also have Autocad 10, 11, 12, 14, and 2004.

If I do decide to make the Draconian Marauder, I'll work mainly from the photo I posted in post #39. I do have other photos I
can use as well. Some show the detail around the main thrusters.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Thank you Zathros. At the moment I'm letting my brain rest;) and then I will decide which one I want to do.
I'm thinking of two models: the Draconian Marauder from Buck Rogers and The U.N.S. Flying Dutchman from
the Expeditionary Force series by Craig Alanson. I'm leaning toward the Dutchman as seen on the cover of
book seven. But there are 3 versions of the ship, as captured(long spindly space bus, multy docking points), first modification
(shortened with only 1 set of docking points), and final(so far) modification as seen on book seven
(shortened further and no docking points).
View attachment 170574

Although the Marauder would be pretty cool (I'm watching all of the 1980's Buck Rodgers series right now) my vote is for the U.N.S. Flying Dutchman due to all of the curves and greebles one would have to do. Also, I don't think too many people have done this one. It's quirky, different, and not well known. I LIKE IT!!

Sky Seeker
:Viper:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Sketchup = not intuitive. Having a son in school, I get Rhino cheap. I must say that Revelle fan has Sketchup down. I imagine with a more powerful program like Rhino, he could make some even more really out of this world stuff.

I really like the artwork of many of the SciFi novels, though there aren't enough views, and one would have to speculate, but there is some tantalizing stuff out there.

The U.N.S. Flying Dutchman has lots of potential, basic primitives to make up the Hull, and greebling to make it look cool! :)