Baneblade, Mars Pattern, Forgeworld style

HisDivineShadow

Not my first paper craft, but the first since I've discovered this site.

I don't strictly use paper, but a ...mixed medium. I use some styrene, "real" bits and found materials to enhance the look.

Hope you like.

Attachments

• IMG_20130614_004648.jpg
    IMG_20130614_004648.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20130614_004707.jpg
    IMG_20130614_004707.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20130614_004724.jpg
    IMG_20130614_004724.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 36

Rogerio Silva

That's really cool! I confess I'm somewhat a purist (I like to use ONLY paper), but if you're happy with your work, then I'm happy, too!
Good job!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not a purist. I like mixed media. Sometimes it is necessary and should be used in key areas, but I do understand those wanting to stick to paper only.

You model looks great! Well done!:)

Rogerio Silva

I ALWAYS listen to Zathros!

I'm not a purist. I like mixed media. Sometimes it is necessary and should be used in key areas, but I do understand those wanting to stick to paper only.

You model looks great! Well done!:)

Totally agreed on both issues (mixed media/model quality)! :thumb: Democracy rules! My "purism" is for myself only, so I will always welcome a good job like this one.
Sometimes, you have no choice but to use other materials, like the cockpit of a plane/spaceship which you want to show the interior... Or even daishi's Dragon; you have to use an internal support structure. Unfortunately, that's when paper may not work so good.
So, once again, great job! :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool:

Rogério

HisDivineShadow

I don't mind mixed, obviously, and I've seen some stuff done in paper that is outrageously amazing. I use mixed because I find it easier on the fiddly stuff. And I think its fun looking for uses for real world doo dads.

Plus I still have...trouble with circles/tubes etc in paper, so any thing I can find to use as replacements is great.

Rogerio Silva

You gotta do what you gotta do...

I don't mind mixed, obviously, and I've seen some stuff done in paper that is outrageously amazing. I use mixed because I find it easier on the fiddly stuff. And I think its fun looking for uses for real world doo dads.

Plus I still have...trouble with circles/tubes etc in paper, so any thing I can find to use as replacements is great.

My friend, you do as you please! I think the main goals here are to have fun and make a dream come true and tangible. Of course, if you can learn a thing or two and share your knowledge in the process, then it'll be an everybody wins situation! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumb: :thumb:

silveroxide

I have beeb looking at your Baneblade, and it reminds me of the White Dwarf templates designed by Cotrell. That version was originally a styrene sheet version with a mixed media and the use of bitz. Some were also built from cardboard and were done fantastic. I believe that there are a few threads over at DakkaDakka on them. I also built it as well a long time ago during my 40K tabletop gaming binge. In fact, this was a tourney sanctioned scratch build back then, before resin world made the first solid resin model. It seems that your model is not quite finished yet and would like to see the painted and more detailed end product. For the moment, it has the making of a masterpiece. Keep us updated on your work.

JackFrost

I agree in the mixed media idea, its your model so make it your way and the original was made as a mixed media, the blooming thing was made of styrene ,cardboard and used the stands for the figures as the bogies.:)

HisDivineShadow

I have beeb looking at your Baneblade, and it reminds me of the White Dwarf templates designed by Cotrell. That version was originally a styrene sheet version with a mixed media and the use of bitz. Some were also built from cardboard and were done fantastic. I believe that there are a few threads over at DakkaDakka on them. I also built it as well a long time ago during my 40K tabletop gaming binge. In fact, this was a tourney sanctioned scratch build back then, before resin world made the first solid resin model. It seems that your model is not quite finished yet and would like to see the painted and more detailed end product. For the moment, it has the making of a masterpiece. Keep us updated on your work.

Paint is coming, once I settle on a scheme.

It is partially based on a set of templates, tho I've had them for so long I do not know the author. It is not the old WD set. They are very plain, tab less outlines, and I only used the ones for the main and lower sections of hull. I thought they were WD templates until some research turned up a picture of them. I was going for an original Baneblade look, with Forge world vibe.

Next on deck Oxide, is one of your Super Chimeras!

silveroxide

Misconception on the bogies, that was suspension system used on old tanks, most notable, the Sherman. The discs from the figure base were used as the ROAD WHEELS.make them more

Since I did the pre-GW super chimera, I have done various versions for the road wheels. I would rolled them as showed but the sides/facings I would paste them to a solid color and trim the circlets out. This will make for a better look to wheels. I had other options for this model but I have too much on my plate and a couple of unfinished models to do. Enjoy and see you around the forum. If I find those WD templates, I may upload them.:wave:

silveroxide

I found the site for the original bane blade and schematics by Tony Cotrell. http://www.scribd.com/doc/34200132/Modelling-Baneblade This a model that predates the resin model and is rather bulky but embellished, it is a beautiful creation. I believe that this close to the pattern that you used to make yours. Mine was given away as a present to another 40K game. and I did not take photos of it. But these were the plans I used.

HisDivineShadow

After doing another comparison of them, I think the templates I used were based on the originals, but with updates to bring it more in line with the For world model. Which was, at the time, the modern incarnation. Which suited me fine, the new official plastic kit has rivet overload.