AXM 1/144 Space Shuttle Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'n Davo

the new guy
Thanks for the kind words of support. :)

I'm making progress on the external tank and its coming along pretty well so far. I did make one goof where I lined up the seam line on the main tank portion with the seam lines of the pieces that make up the cone of the tank; I missed a step in the instructions where it shows that the cone is rotated with respect to the tank body so that the fuel line piece covers the seam on the cone. So, nothing terrible... I just have a seam line showing where I could have had it covered up. Oh well... just a note to myself for the next time I build it. ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_0628712.jpg
    IMG_0628712.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0629713.jpg
    IMG_0629713.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 35

Cap'n Davo

the new guy
Continuing to make progress. The External Tank is complete along with the right SRB. The left SRB had some issues (wrinkling of paper along the seam) that just bothered me too much so I'm building a new left SRB. I've started looking ahead to the MLP and crawler... F*U*N times ahead. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_0647730.jpg
    IMG_0647730.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0649732.jpg
    IMG_0649732.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0650733.jpg
    IMG_0650733.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 87

kbkline

Looks awesome. You're giving me inspiration that I need. I'm starting to work on the transports (ATV's) for the ISS and then I'll start building the individual nodes for the ISS. While I'm doing that I'll start on the shuttle. To much building time and not enough time to do it lol. Anyway you have some really good tips that I'll be using.

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Hey Cap'n Davo, im slightly ahead of you doing sts-135 for a neighbour. I've just started the crawler. Good luck.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Dead Thread. interesting, but it has been dead. Read the dates on the bottom left, and if it is more than 90 days old. don't bother posting in it. O.K.? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.