Awesome Johnny Five model

Is it downloadable? these were a few of the movies Anna and I would cuddle and watch when we were dating so long ago, and recently my son just watched the first one, and loved it. Johnny 5 would certainly make an excellent addition to our family

Millenniumfalsehood

No, not downloadable. He's a paper scratchbuilder who cuts each piece out by hand and fits it to the model.

I'll start working on one though if you're interested. I had a 1:1 scale head in the works, but I think I'd rather have a small desk model (say 12 inches).

No, not downloadable. He's a paper scratchbuilder who cuts each piece out by hand and fits it to the model.

I'll start working on one though if you're interested. I had a 1:1 scale head in the works, but I think I'd rather have a small desk model (say 12 inches).

I think it's safe to say im interested

Millenniumfalsehood

I think it's safe to say im interested

Great!

I've got a modeling show on YouTube. Right now I'm just about finished with two models: Iron Man and Luke Skywalker's X-wing. In my format I have three builds going at once. I could use Johnny Five as my replacement for whichever project gets done first (probably Iron Man; I have finished the base colors and am now in the process of weathering him). It would be educational to show how paper models are designed without the use of a computer. I should warn people though: without a computer it is very math-intensive. Good thing I'm an engineering major in a calculus III class with a background in drafting. :mrgreen:

Z

Zathros

Great!

I've got a modeling show on YouTube. Right now I'm just about finished with two models: Iron Man and Luke Skywalker's X-wing. In my format I have three builds going at once. I could use Johnny Five as my replacement for whichever project gets done first (probably Iron Man; I have finished the base colors and am now in the process of weathering him). It would be educational to show how paper models are designed without the use of a computer. I should warn people though: without a computer it is very math-intensive. Good thing I'm an engineering major in a calculus III class with a background in drafting. :mrgreen:

You have just "Blown my mind". Just so dang impressive. I feel the need to use vulgar words to express my accolades. :thumb:

Millenniumfalsehood

Thank you very much, Zathros. It means a lot, especially since the Iron Man model is a Christmas gift for my nephew. He's a pretty special kid, and I usually build a model for him for Christmas. Usually it's an airplane, but my sister asked if I knew of an Iron Man kit. I told her I did and she offered to pay me not only the cost of the model but to build it. I refused, but she insisted she at least pay for the model. It's been a fun build, though not without it's little bumps of course. Check out my video series below to see the full chronicle.

How are your videos listed on YouTube? I'd like to check them out.

Clif

How about I just link to all the videos of the Iron Man build? :thumb:

Episode 2: Iron Man part 1, part 2, and part 3. The quality isn't the best here because I wasn't aware of the importance of lighting. The rest of the episodes are better lit than this. :wink:

Episode 5: Iron Man part 1, part 2, and part 3.

Episode 8: Iron Man. I had to stop building Iron Man because the putty took time to set; the rest of the video is my X-wing build.

Episode 9: Iron Man part 1, part 2, and part 3.

Episode 11: Iron Man part 1 and part 2.

That's where I'm at right now. The next video in the series will deal with my TIE Defender build, then I'll be back to work on Iron Man and hopefully complete it. Then Johnny Five will be on my bench! :woot1: I'm excited to show people how easy it really is to design a quality model manually. Lots of people assume that because a model is complex that it takes a lot of talent to design. Well, maybe it does, but if I can do it anyone can. I've done a few models manually, and it's much better than any computer program in my opinion because you get a better feel for the model and it gives you options that are harder or more complicated using a computer.

Tintellaar

You have my vote for Johnny 5

Similar story to Dented Rick, my mum and I, well it is one of the first scifi movies I got her to watch with me... It was a special time :)

I found one model, not the depth I was looking for, so if you would bless us with your version, I would be greatly grateful!

Tint

Z

Zathros

Your Nephew must have gone ballistic when he saw that Iron Man model! It came out great!!

Are you still doing Johnny 5, I think you will have a great following with that, especially if you can make a young Ally Sheedy to go with it, maybe a Pepakura Alley Sheedy, it's possible! :)

Millenniumfalsehood

Yeah, I'm still doing Johnny Five. I'm just procrastinating on getting the next two videos done (the TIE Defender is a beast to work on with very little room inside. I'm beginning to regret the choice to try and light it).

And he did love that Iron Man. I wasn't there personally to see him open it, because he's extended family and they had their own Christmas, but I hear he was extremely thrilled with it.

By the way, I finished my Pro-Shop X-wing, which was a Christmas present for my niece. The model is a bit heavy, but when I put it in a box big enough to handle it, it seemed a lot lighter. That may have been why she tipped it and shook it around when she got it. :eek: It's a good thing I packed it well with bubble wrap, air bags, wing clips, etc. I still had a heart attack, though. Luckily it is built tough, so it survived the slight shakeup.

You should have seen the look in her eyes when she flicked the "on" switch . . . I had to help her pick her jaw up off the floor after the wings split into attack position. She was very happy with it. :mrgreen:

Here's a video of the finished product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgqvkrxHmxs&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: guess YouTube didn't like my soundtrack . . . someone needs to explain the concept of "Fair Use" to them. :curse:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, MFH! Great work so far. I've been looking for a Johnny 5 model for quite some time. You should make it articulated and in 1:6 scale so that I can place it beside my Crichton.