Auldey 1/16 Race-Tin Collection

Kashiwazaki

KASHIWAZAKI SENA FAN!!
Aug 28, 2009
http
I have this cute Honda Civic Type R that came yesterday, as it didn't existed here in Switzerland.

2013-010.jpg

Question is, what are the AA type, 1,5V batteries you would recommend, to give full power?

I know they will last shorter than other batteries, but I've been thinking, and having extra-power batteries compensate, as I will not run the car that often.

Z

Zathros

I don't know of an AA type batteries that give out more power. The rechargeable ones don't give out as much voltage initially but they match the batteries overall as AA batteries loose that initial power boost very fast. If you ran another set of AA batteries in series, they thing would take of like a rocket! You would have to see if you had room. It might burn out the electronics too though. You could use that car as a template for making a paper model out of it. There are virtually no compound curves!! :)

Kashiwazaki

KASHIWAZAKI SENA FAN!!
Aug 28, 2009
http
I don't know of an AA type batteries that give out more power. The rechargeable ones don't give out as much voltage initially but they match the batteries overall as AA batteries loose that initial power boost very fast. If you ran another set of AA batteries in series, they thing would take of like a rocket! You would have to see if you had room.
So you are saying that the rechargeable ones are also a good deal?
I am seriously considering buying those, because always buying normal non-zync batteries costs a bit in the end, and I can't make that maintenance simply for a RC toy.
About room to run this, a friend of mine lives in a condo block that has a 15 place indoor garage, which is perfect for this car.

Hell, even my friend has a quite fast Nikko 1/10 monster truck, and that garage is more than enough for that beast!... :drag1:

It might burn out the electronics too though.
Burn the electronics?
How's that?, you mean max power batteries can burn it out, or is that being caused by continuous use?
If it is continuous use, then let me say I can't run this on my own park - which is right now very humid with the snow, but too dusty when not humid - nor inside my house - as I have a neighbor below, an old granny - so the only days I can run this is during the weekend, at my friend's garage. ;)
You could use that car as a template for making a paper model out of it. There are virtually no compound curves!! :)
I won't use this for a paper model, Zathros, and I explain why - I am a huge Honda fan, and when I knew about the existence of a Honda Civic Type R cheaper than that one from Tamiya, I put myself in searching it around here (Switzerland).
It happens that this car costs the equivalent of 28$, but thereafter, I could only find it in Germany, making me to pay 36$ dollars in plus (79.- CHF, in my actual currency) for expedition expenses (16$ payment transaction and 20$ expedition expenses).
I actually battled to have this Honda, so that's explained: I wanted a specific RC car for own taste. ;)

Z

Zathros

I did not mean converting that into a paper model. I mean that you could take thin paper, and press on the sides on sections model, and make templates, and form a paper body and make a paper chassis and some wheels, and have quite a nice looking paper model.

Rechargeable batteries ae the wa to go. ou want Lithium-Ion.

When I spoke about burning out the model, I mean if you modified it adding more amperage to it, this would be done b adding more batteries. Not worth it if you paid that much for it though.

You should be ale to run it anyway you want, but like anything else, it will ear done. They usually beak gear teeth when you take off of stop too fast. The hardened plastic teeth can only take so much. Engineered obsolescence. :)

Check out this link for a very detailed Honda No. 9 model. It is quite amazing and comes in two scales. The models have full interiors!!

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173353&highlight=Honda

img_craft03.jpg

Kashiwazaki

KASHIWAZAKI SENA FAN!!
Aug 28, 2009
http
I did not mean converting that into a paper model. I mean that you could take thin paper, and press on the sides on sections model, and make templates, and form a paper body and make a paper chassis and some wheels, and have quite a nice looking paper model.
I don't have much technique to do that, but someone else gave a try by their own means, despite i think it's looking heavily unproportional to the real car: http://www.minimodel.cz/data/triplem/modely/TM32_Civic.png

Rechargeable batteries ae the wa to go. ou want Lithium-Ion.
Exactly what I thought!...
I will try to ask for rechargeable batteries that can give max power, in the meantime, and tomorrow will be that day.
Thank you for the advice, Zathros-san!

When I spoke about burning out the model, I mean if you modified it adding more amperage to it, this would be done b adding more batteries. Not worth it if you paid that much for it though.
There's no way to modify this, Zathros, as I really don't want to mess up such amazing, yet relatively accessible RC car. :)
But since it's the mods that would cause that, that's no longer a problem I should care about.

You should be ale to run it anyway you want, but like anything else, it will ear done. They usually beak gear teeth when you take off of stop too fast. The hardened plastic teeth can only take so much. Engineered obsolescence. :)
When it goes "dead", I will still keep it, as I live obsessed by most 90's and onward time Honda cars.
Also, when that happens, I must already have the 1/10 Civic Type R R3 from Tamiya, which will enable me to make any mods to make it a performant RC rally car, as I know a place not far from me that's amazing to play with! :D

Check out this link for a very detailed Honda No. 9 model. It is quite amazing and comes in two scales. The models have full interiors!!

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173353&highlight=Honda

img_craft03.jpg
I have seen this before, the Honda N-One, just at the first days of it's issue - no need to explain why :twisted: - but even the 1/9 papercraft is too big for my room!
sign1