Articulated skeleton

hellbringer17

Hey! So I saw this a little while ago on Paperkraft:

http://paperkraft.blogspot.ca/2010/10/papercraft-action-figure.html?m=1

Does anyone have ANY idea how this thing is out together or designed? I've been trying to figure it our for awhile because I have a few 3d models if like to convert into articulated papercrafts, but I'm not sure how this is done! If anyone knows of a downloadable model that's similar that would be great too, as I couldn't find one.

goodduck

I did something like Dotubo. I seen that model long time ago from don’t remember where. But I think his is better. ….. think I gonna have to steal his design… shhh...

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 49

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Found this and thought it might help...as I thought the original was a form of dowel in a box...dscn2277.jpg when the outer box is glued then the post is allowed to rotate..
add that to a swivel type joint and movement is almost unlimited...
jointphoto1012_2.jpg as far as changing the hands and feet etc.. I agree with Zathros...Magnets...the ones out of electric tooth-brushes are super strong!!
Here is a file to play around with...
10122.jpg Enjoy!...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I used to build laser cubes used in manufacturing for alignment of machinery in assembly lines. They had these dime size magnets that if the caught the edge of you fingers, would clip off a chunk of flesh. They were downright dangerous!! Only slightly small that a dime, about 4 times as thick. :)

goodduck

Hey, I remember this. I think I have this in my collections. Now I remember there is a large scale female action figure and I don't think that one use internal skeleton. I think I have it.... hope I have it :D

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
A great way to make automata like models.. Really cool! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
3 of those attachments don't work. I wish you had bigger pictures of the first pic. It looks very interesting. :)

goodduck

Sorry don't have large picture. And it looks like it will build up to a large doll. :D

Last edited: