Announcing plans for two new challenges

pfs

I'm in for number 2. Have a GMX kit I planned on starting next week.

Newbie here also.

-pfs

Inspiration

Here's the structure I'll be modeling for challenge #1. It's the station at Winfall, VA. I have found rough drawings in the "Norfolk and Western Handbook" by Wallace and Wiley, and instead of scanning in the photo from that book, here's a link to the original, digitized at the VT image base.

http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns534.jpeg

Say we start April 1, huh? That'll be about right. I should have the scalescenes freight house wrapped up by this weekend. Oughta be fun!

Miles - that is a monster! But the roofline is killer, and the crossing in front proves the point that there's a prototype for nearly everything. That's been such a common track planning device and it's kinda comforting to see it used in the real world.

What do you plan to use for materials?

Yikes Miles!! That is a big one! Luckily though the texture of the building should help you out a lot! Looking forward to what you do with it.

CNJ999

OK...I'll take on Challenge #2, exactly as originally written up: matching the model to the box photo. I find it fun to build advanced kits to a degree where they precisely match what's shown on the box.

CNJ999

ezdays

Out AZ way
OK...I'll take on Challenge #2, exactly as originally written up: matching the model to the box photo. I find it fun to build advanced kits to a degree where they precisely match what's shown on the box.

CNJ999
Good, glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to seeing what your going to do..:wave:

steamhead

Don...
Ran into a little bit of a problem...The kit I had planned to use for this challenge, a coaling retailer kit - Catskill Coal Co.by Muir Models, is incomplete. It's missing materials (it's an all wood & cardboard kit) for the base, the coal conveyor and the coal chutes - near as I can tell up to this point. In order to finish it, I'd have to use some non-kit materials and do a little free-lancing, sort of. Would this be streching the rules (at best) or plain ol' breaking them..?? Please advice how to proceed. Thanks.

CNJ999

Bringing this thread back to life, is the end of the contest to be June 30th? Similarly, how and when do we go about posting images of the finished projects?

CNJ999