Alien Tiger / Jan Rükr (Alien99) / 1:1

Famous Dave

Jul 30, 2007
Just for your information : Alien Tiger won the first prize for the best painted aircraft at the last NATO Tiger meet :)
Way to go, guys. Awesome paint job by one of the most creative minds I've watched. Obviously, having the foresight to put together the team to pull this off was genius. You deserve the win for all your labor of love. In my opinion, Mr. Rukr delivers so much to so many and it's reassuring to see folks receive recognition for such.
Congratulations. And thank you for sharing this with us

Dave

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I remember there was a project to turn the real one into a paper model. I also think I saw a picture of Jan holding the small prototype in his hands some time ago. This may be it. I hope he will release the pattern one day. :)

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
Do you know who built this? I know Jan Rukr did the original about a couple of years ago on an actual Tiger. Just wondering who did the mini version we see here. It looks great!:Drinks:
No sorry, but I think it is likely that it got an award. I'll check the winners list when it is uploaded. That other award next to it may also be a clue, but it looks like their result lists are all in greek , and I could not find this with google translate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 2, 2015
The award list available online has this info on the model:
Medal: Silver
Name: Wang Hsin Yuan
Model: Alien Tiger
Thanks for the research on this. It's nice to see that Jan's work is respected / admired the world over.

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Reactions: daishi

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
Two years ago I began my own papermodel - Alien - tiger helicopter, but It is cartoonish stype type of model...I called it Alien & Tiger......(those two entities are separated from each other..with some eggs around:))

The model was stopped year ago, but I want it to complete it someday.:cool: