Alien question

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
hey guys
bit random i know, but does anyone know of a nostromo kit around? ive seen the narcissus but no nostromo and havent managed to find one. ive done the old plastic halcyon Aliens kits but never managed to grab the nozzy - didnt know if there was a card version about? :surprise:
Az

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
A member made the tug, but it was truly a masterpiece, one off model. :)

• Love
Reactions: seraphim

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Bryan Tan made one: https://www.deviantart.com/rocketmantan/art/Alien-Starfreighter-Nostromo-Paper-Model-Kit-435831815

There is a nice SketchUp model available which could be used as a base for the refinery. But the parts count would be intimidating. :)
great looking base for a kit, although im guessing doing texture/rendering and adding all those details....gulp. I have alot of respect for all the guys who can design these kits, i know it can be alot of work building them, but i dread to think the amount of time it takes to do the design side. :toast:

Reactions: mijob

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I would search Google search- game pieces-Nostromo.alien.series and just spend a day paging thru the results?

Reactions: mijob

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
I would search Google search- game pieces-Nostromo.alien.series and just spend a day paging thru the results?
hmmm....think my google is broken lol....ive found some nice kits, resin/plastic (even lego) for a kidney or liver and a few scratchbuilds people have done, but alas no papercraft (aside from the one already mentioned). It surprises me really as the Nostromo was the ship that started it all lol. I would happily go for the old Halycon kit but dont have $500 plus to spend. :violin:

Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
A lot of plastic kits, some LEGO kits, but the 3D prints might be the best shot at it, because the meshes can be converted to a paper model. That guy, I wish I knew who he was, built the Alien horseshoe shaped craft, and it was pretty good! maybe he can take you further on this?

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
A lot of plastic kits, some LEGO kits, but the 3D prints might be the best shot at it, because the meshes can be converted to a paper model. That guy, I wish I knew who he was, built the Alien horseshoe shaped craft, and it was pretty good! maybe he can take you further on this?
oh i think you mean the derelict ship from the 1st film?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
If you look at the scale of the model,, since the ship was a tugboat for the refinery, the model would have to be huge, or the tug part the size of a penny, to build a model that wouldn't take up all your model space. Not only that, you could spend 6 months doing such a model, and find virtually no one who would finish it, unless it was ridiculously over simplified. IMHO. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
If you look at the scale of the model,, since the ship was a tugboat for the refinery, the model would have to be huge, or the tug part the size of a penny, to build a model that wouldn't take up all your model space. Not only that, you could spend 6 months doing such a model, and find virtually no one who would finish it, unless it was ridiculously over simplified. IMHO. ;)

Too bad that this was not finished... :)

• Wow
Reactions: seraphim

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
this is very true lol - try explaining the pallet of card and parts needed lol.......if i get time ill stick to the tug, ive got the one that was uploaded here (cheers guys) the basic build on that wouldnt be too hard, the work would be painting and detailing :eek:

Reactions: zathros

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023

Too bad that this was not finished... :)
the one that got away?....life comes first i guess :)