Rustoleum is discontinuing the Testors model master line, and just keeping the old tried and true 1/2 oz bottles of Testors. I switched to acrylics years ago, and am now split between AV Vallejo, and The Army Painter. Between the two, Vallejo has a wider color range, but TAP tend to be finer pigment.the paints that I used were Testors. I used: gold, Aluminium, and flat black. For most of the car I used the Aluminium paint. I used about 1/2 the bottle.
The "brown" for the steering wheel I mixed the Tan, flat black, and a little red, because the paint set I bough did not have brown. The closest I had to Brass was the gold, so I used that for the parts that were meant to be brass.
Job well done!! I do wish they would make body panels for the car. It would make for a fantastic diorama. It might not be that hard to make the panels though. You did a great job on this. It is most impressive.
I wish the designers had created a more accurate steerig mechanism for the model. It looks line a Pine Wood Derby suspension, and considering how much effort they put into the rest of the model, they should have made the wheels steer. It's not that hard to do. That has nothing to do with your build, it's a critique of the model. Based on your build, I would definitely buy this model. Your build is probably the best advertising they have for it!! Excellent build thread, excellent job building it!