AHIB (Advanced Hover Intelligence Bike)

tiking

Model builder
My first build on this forum. Though I do not build my models out of cardboard or paper, I hope you find it worth while to view.

This build was inspired from a 3D artist drawing of a wasteland hover bike, I found on the net. The 3D drawing gave me the fuel to build something similar. But as always, I kind of like to tweak things to give it my personal design. The build is a mixture of 60% kit bashing and 40% scratch building. So here is my Wasteland hover bike, the fourth(and last. For now at least of hover crafts I have completed over period of time),: I will then jump back to renovating a truck build, I'd been planning for some time.
Unfortunately, I decided to take pics of this build, whilst I was in the middle of it. So the actual beginning stages are not shown( things like me cutting the roof and chassis of the outer shell of the bike) But you can pretty much see how it was done. So the wip photos are at a minimum. So do not expect part-for-part photos of everything I used. Sorry. It will be rather quick. To get the various angle I just sparsely cut the different section plastic card into 3 sections then bend each sections carefully to get the angle I needed.
I used several kits, varying from Italeri M977 to Tamiya bike kit(of course). A MAN kit part was also used in the making. Everything from small house materials to tiny kit parts with different dimensions. The parts that I could not find, I just scratch built. So, I hope you like the build. It is 95% completed.

--------------------

wasteland_bike_wip_a_zps7uaviz2v.jpg

wasteland_bike_wipb_zps3af3mlzb.jpg

wasteland_bike_wipc_zpsebrvl7e4.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip_zpsiuifaxo5.jpg

--------------------------

The 3-section roof made by making incisions at two locations, in order for the roof to be angled:

wasteland_bike_wip4_zpscjhmlvwh.jpg

-------------------------------

wasteland_bike_wip2a_zps4mkq1p54.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip2b_zps6rlcrliu.jpg

------------------------

I used plaster to cover the seat and then it will be painted to give it that leather- worn look later on:

wasteland_bike_wip19_zps63sd5lgb.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip19a_zpsylltsbti.jpg

--------------------

Cutting the leather fabric to fit the seat and back covers:

wasteland_bike_wip27c_zps7dghngse.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip27_zps0jqkes28.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip27a_zpsbg4cp7et.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip27b_zpsixjpojy6.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip27d_zpsgixl4yaw.jpg

-----------------------

The front of the hover bike with all its attributes:

wasteland_bike_wip2_zpsbps7bgpl.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip5_zpsggmyfvgg.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip7_zpstvikirdn.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip7a_zpsds3qopz6.jpg

tiking

Model builder
Upper side Spoilers:

wasteland_bike_wip9_zpseehypfpl.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip9a_zpspluiykwc.jpg

----------------------

The roof painted. Don't worry about the scratches. They part of the build. :

wasteland_bike_wip20_zpsoezgylet.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip8_zpsvkwpkdzb.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip8a_zpsc8pgpfm1.jpg

--------------------------

The extra side mini jet burnes or whatever you what to call them. They will help the bike to do small side movements.

wasteland_bike_wip17_zpskio6hcop.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip17a_zpsmp2ojuhe.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip17b_zpspaecdygw.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip17c_zpsdzjulon2.jpg

-----------------------

The main burner stack tubes for the back:

wasteland_bike_wip18_zpse1y682qe.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip18a_zpswaywbrd1.jpg

------------------------

Extra computer gadgets for the inner roof of the bike.

wasteland_bike_wip16_zpssrtijrl8.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip16a_zpsffdllwlm.jpg

------------------

This part is going to be the monitor, which the driver can see what is in front of him:

wasteland_bike_wip10_zpstzsqueos.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip11_zps1pvnbcjb.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip10a_zpsgy005z7m.jpg

----------------------------

Added the actual monitor background:

wasteland_bike_wip12_zpstnvhtg7s.jpg

----------------------------------

tiking

Model builder
The monitor has a gyro sensor mechanism built in to the monitor itself. Has the driver pushes away the handle bars the signal is sent to the on-board computer which in turn moves the bike into the requested position given by the driver. Almost like a segway, but more advanced:

wasteland_bike_wip13_zpsg86ih0bd.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip14_zpseu87wtfr.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip15_zpsal20ywjs.jpg

---------------------------

The monitor painted. I will need to add a wire from the simulated brake grip to the monitor:

wasteland_bike_wip14a_zpsytagyv4z.jpg

-----------------------

The rear mechanics of the entire vehicle. you can see the various parts I used:

wasteland_bike_wip6a_zpsc8vwqywr.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip6_zps9ksl8pfx.jpg

-----------------------------

Taking Shape:

wasteland_bike_wipc_zpsebrvl7e4.jpg

wasteland_bike_wipe_zpstiffcaa4.jpg

wasteland_bike_wipd_zpsqfkzrowi.jpg

---------------------------------

The different components pre-mounted inside the roof. Gonna add decals and do some paint touch-ups.

wasteland_bike_wip20a_zpskazq0rle.jpg

--------------------

Not sure about these but I will test them out to see if they might fit in:

wasteland_bike_wip25_zpsroep0ldw.jpg

-----------------------

The side jet boosters are in place. So far, so good. The whole thing is starting to look awesome.

wasteland_bike_wip22_zpsessasn6y.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip21_zpsn06zqwcz.jpg

tiking

Model builder
The under circular protective grid for the hover engine:

wasteland_bike_wip26_zpsgfewo7r2.jpg

-----------------------

The leather material I am using for the back seat rest.

wasteland_bike_wip27c_zps7dghngse.jpg

-----------------------

More plaster used has the back padding for the seat:

wasteland_bike_wip27a_zpsbg4cp7et.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip27_zps0jqkes28.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip27b_zpsixjpojy6.jpg

wasteland_bike_wip27d_zpsgixl4yaw.jpg

---------------------

Almost done with this build. This is how it looks so far. Will be adding some more details and have a go at weathering it:

wasteland_testb_zpsmdxepdok.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I am flabbergasted! I am an avid motorcyclists with well over 300,000 thousand miles under my butt. I have owed more motorcycles than I can remember, and you have built what I consider a dream machine!! I love the mixed media approach you have taken. This is a professional quality build in my opinion.

I would ask, in the future, if you would, list some of the origin of the pieces you used to kitbash this work of art together. You have a new fan, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. We kind of like that people post build threads as they are going along, not finished ones. If you post as you re going along, many people will be able to give you the encouragement, and praise, and also questions, "How did you do dat?", and that makes the thread inviting, and will integrate you more solidly into the forum.

This is beautiful. I invite you to put Pictures in the Gallery, and also, in the Renders and Illustrations" section. This model must be seen. :):Bravo:Claphandsthumbsup:King:

tiking

Model builder
Thanks for looking. I had already built this model and thought I would had the WIP. That is why I posted everything all at once. My apologies.
BTW, isn't the "Renders and Illustrations" section only for 3D artistry? I have not checked out the gallery yet.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
No, it's for work like this that transcends a straight model build. As this is a one of creation, if fits perfectly in "Renders and Illustrations", and will not get lost in the 1000's of posts we have. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Always go to the "Home" page to see the categories.

Here's the link: http://zealot.com/forums/renders-and-illustrations.662/ You can see the work of many there. Only post finished pics there, or concepts, which do not necessarily need be finished, as sometimes, the showing of the though process can be just as interesting. :)

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
I am taken and amazed by this model. Excelent design and build quality. It is like a real thing:Bravo:. Truly beautifful.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I honestly would rather build something like this than one of those ultra detailed "Yamaha" models. I don't have this kind of imagination. I am thinking, it is so inspiring, I may have to do something? ;)

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Maybe I am slow on the uptake, but I can not figure out, where do you put your feet to rest on?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Your feet are inside, against the forward bulkhead. Nothing dangling out in this beast, This is a very well thought out design, though, from my 300,000 (Yes, 3 hundred thousand) miles on motorcycles, I would prefer a windshield with a heads up display, rather than a view screen, though if this could be made, who knows, maybe the view screen would be better. ;)

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
I thougt so, but green cover seems to be in a way, but probably not. Like you said, model is well thought out, so such a mistake would be unprobable fault. :). I would also prefer windshield with HUD. Also, screen is probably 2d (hmm, can be 3d, we are in the future:)) so enjoyment from ride woud be limited, when you look at world throu monitor :).

300K is impresive number. From all your activities and hobby you mention here and there on the forum I wonder where do you get time for all that :eek:. You must be some kind of time management guru:).