Age old debate with a twist....

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Of course I refer to the debate of which is better; Star Wars or Star Trek. I've built a few models from both series, and the twist is; which franchise's vessels make the better models?

(in the interests of keeping the debate unbiased try not to pick one designer over another? :))

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
"Star Trek" produces "smoother" vessels with elegant curves. "Star Wars" models have a "used" look which is good for "untidy" assembly: If you screw something up or if a part gets dirty by accident (stains, glue etc.) you can diguise it as "battle damage" and weathering effect (the dirtier the better)! :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Good point :) I would omit TOS as the special effects tech available at the time limited what could be done. (as opposed to Star Wars were the original trilogy still looks great :)) Also the look of TOS doesn't quite gel with the others. (never liked the warp nacelles in TOS)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
LOL, RD, you just gaveyour age away! I was a kid for TMP era :) Loved the "evolution" of the ships from the blocky 60's-80's look then the sleek & curvy Ent D then the "post-modern"Sovereign & Intrepid classes :)