A Great idea for a trike.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I've made a trike. It's quite easy to peak at 24 mph, 20 mph just pedaling easily. The fan loses much power. Direct drive is so much more efficient. It's been proven over and over. It also takes less components and weight. Neat, but impractical. If you're going to make one of these things, you do much research, then make one. Propellers are only good for vehicles that do not touch the ground.

24 speed, rear suspension, discs brakes up front, conventional brakes in the rear (I made this around 20 years ago) This trike powered with a 5 h.p. motor would be quite scary:

Recumbent Trike.JPG

• Love
Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
If I could have my dreams, I would have a machine shop capable of making a trike, like you made, the fan addition was just them playing around.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You want to hear something even worse, I paid for none of my machines. I bartered electronics I found and repaired at the Transfer Staation for most of my machine tools. I traded a 32" Sony Trinitron T.V. I had just found, and fixed for a 9" inch South bend Lathe, with all the collets. I fixed a 32" Mitsubishi T.V. (The last CRT TV they ever made0 for repair and$400 dollars for my $1500 dollar Miller TIG Econotig, plus foot pedal, and attachments. I have a grinding wheel that will grind your fingers off. It sharpens lawn mower blades like they were made from butter. I barter for everything, I always come out ahead, and the people I barter with have never complained. I won't even go into how many tractors I've got for just removing them, fixing them, then flipping for $400 bucks. I have the same tuube notching cutter that NASACAR frame makers use, it cost at the time over $800 dollars (20 years ago) I got it for $150 dollars, because I helped the owner fix a redirect he had on his website that was dropping his sales for a month. It's so heavy, what I paid him covered mostly the shipping! I did buy my M.I.G. welder, but I did some work with it a week later that paid for most of it. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: micahrogers