A few Train show deals.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Had a great time at the show today. I spent most of the day talking to people and overseeing the operation of the N scale layouts. We had the club's modular layout and the N scale layout my son and I built operating.
We let the younger guests run the layout we brought, it was nice to see them playing with it. I almost sold it for $200 to a couple of boys that kept nagging their dad to buy it.
I met up with Ezdays but didn't get to spend as much time talking as I had hoped.
I did find time to find a few deals.
My son found an MDC Climax for $10, An MDC box cab for $15 and an Athearn SW7 and caboose for $4.
We found a few $1 deals also.

Attachments

• Aug19$07.JPG
    Aug19$07.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 199
  • Aug19$14.JPG
    Aug19$14.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Aug19$20.JPG
    Aug19$20.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Aug19$08.JPG
    Aug19$08.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 194

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I also got a Bachmann Plus F7 for $5, a pair of Con/Cor streamlined passenger cars for $5, a tub full of detail parts for $10 and a Roco Mini trains set for $15.

Attachments

• Aug19$19.JPG
    Aug19$19.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Aug19$09.JPG
    Aug19$09.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Aug19$06.JPG
    Aug19$06.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Aug19$13.JPG
    Aug19$13.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Aug19$11.JPG
    Aug19$11.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 186

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yep, I did get to talk to Ray for a few minutes, but he was busy snatching up bargins, and it's hard to slow down a man on that kind off mission.:D :D

It was a nice show, lots of kids having fun, especially with Ray's club's N scale modular layout. I came up there with a friend and we stopped at the Prescott Trap and Skeet Club and shot a couple of rounds of trap in around 80 degree weather. Nice to get out of the heat, when we got back to the Phoenix area, it was around 107 in the early afternoon.

Anyway, I just bought a group of Bachmann F7's. I doubt that any of them run, most don't have couplers and one turns out to be a dummy. That's OK since I need a few shells for some bodies that I have laying around anyway. I really didn't need more engines but I had to justify driving 100 miles just to go to the show.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Warbonnets.jpg
    Warbonnets.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 169

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ray scores again! I can't believe you got that F7 w/ magnetic couplers for $5! Nice. If I ever find myself in AZ for a train show I'm gonna follow you around...hmmmm, maybe instead I should be sure to be ahead of you! :)
Ralph

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
---"A few Train show deals."---

Dude, every time I see a thread by you starting with that title I just know I'm gonna be sobbing like a little girl before I get thru the first post...sigh:rolleyes: :D :thumb:

$15 for that Mini Trains set?...wall1 $15wall1

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Hey Don...Looks like you missed one F unit. Or did Ray get it before you saw it?
Good haul guys..seeing what you guys brung home, my mouth is watering for the Springfield show....Put your high waters on, cause thats not til next Febuary.......

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
eightyeightfan1 said:
Hey Don...Looks like you missed one F unit. Or did Ray get it before you saw it?
Good haul guys..seeing what you guys brung home, my mouth is watering for the Springfield show....Put your high waters on, cause thats not til next Febuary.......
When Ray saw what I got, he says, "Hey, how did I miss those?". It's really tough to get to a bargin before Ray does.:D I got lucky this time...:thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
After close examination of my "find", most of these were in bad shape, I guess that's why I only paid $3.50 apiece for them. Four of them ran, one was a dummy and the rest were in even worse shape. I decided to strip them all down and found missing parts and several had severe water damage. I combined them with two units I had in my junk pile and this is what the pile look like right now. I put all the parts in my ultrasonic cleaner, even the motors, and they cleaned up nicely. I've got six good shells that I can use and that's still not a bad deal.:D

Attachments

• Warbonnets 2.jpg
    Warbonnets 2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 110

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Gottum all up and running.:thumb: Took the ones that I bought, added the two from the junk pile and two others that didn't run so hot and made seven really good running machines, all with the shells 100% intact.:) I wound up with enough to build five more if I don't care how the shells look, but since I do, this is it.:wave:

I've added the seven on the right to my fleet of F7's. I have a feeling that a lot of these are going to be sold to the Canyon State RR and eventually carry their markings. Yep, I really think so.:D Time to get out the old air brush and practice on those old broken shells.

Attachments

• F7s galore1.jpg
    F7s galore1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 73

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jim currie said:
looks great Don don't paint them just put a square of paint on the reporting marks and add your marks just like the real thing :)
I might do a few that way, 'cause I see a lot of that on the BNSF. But here at the Canyon State RR, we take pride in the appearance of our fleet and have alloted money to bring them up to our standards, including repainting.:D :D