A Fathers Day Gift

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I was very lucky to get a 17 minute helicopter ride over Toronto to help celebrate Fathrs Day.
The fist photo shows the helicopter. The lady was another passenger. I was lucky enough to sit in the left seat next to the pilot so could see what he had to do to fly this machine. I also had a view almost straight down through the nose. We took off from Toronto Island Airport.
The second photo shows taken as we were climbing is of Toronto Union Station.

Attachments

• hc1.jpg
    hc1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 33
  • hc2.jpg
    hc2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 31

Matthyro

Next photo shows the tracks leading into the station from the east end.

The second photo shows Toronto east

Attachments

• hc3.jpg
    hc3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 31
  • hc4.jpg
    hc4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 32

Matthyro

Another east photo the we turned and the second photo shows us approaching the CN tower.

Attachments

• hc5.jpg
    hc5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 31
  • hc6.jpg
    hc6.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 30
Great shots, and what a great fathers day gift! From up there it looks like one heck of a layout. You just want to scoop it up and take it home with you. What a view!

Happy fathers day!

Freelancer

Oops! Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't finished. Keep em coming!

Matthyro

The first photo shows some track running east to west in the middle of the city.
I took the second photo while we were turning so got it tilted but it shows the city well looking south.

Attachments

• hc7.jpg
    hc7.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 30
  • hc8.jpg
    hc8.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 34

Matthyro

The first photo is looking west. The second photo looks east.

Attachments

• hc9.jpg
    hc9.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 32
  • hc11.jpg
    hc11.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 28

Matthyro

The final photo shows us on our landing approach back to Toronto Island Airport.

Attachments

• hc12.jpg
    hc12.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 90

Matthyro

Thanks freelancer. It was a great day to fly. I had hoped we could of gone a bit further north to get to see some CN yard tracks but that would have taken us into the commercial corridor for Toronto's Pearson Airport

ezdays

Out AZ way
Wow Robin, what a great way to celebrate Father's Day. Those are some tariffic shots, I'm sure you'd have spent the day up there if you could.:D

Tileguy

King for a Day, very thoughtful gift.Looks like you had alot of fun.Nice photos Robin. Looks alot like a really well done Urban N scale layout that was built at about 30-32 inches off the floor in a stadium sized room ;)

I was hoping for a Time machine ride back to about 1912 . No such luck, maybe next year :D
I did get one railroady gift however.
TrainZ simulator.Of course it was late,but it will be here tomorow :)

Matthyro

Yup Tileguy we would all hope to get a time machine ride.

The Trainz simulator is excellent and hope you enjoy it.

This photo taken by the helitours group was put up on their website.

It shows my son-in-law Buddy and myself just befor boarding.

Attachments

• hc13.jpg
    hc13.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 32

petepuma

What a great gift! I would have loved that! (If I wasn't such a white knuckled flyer that is...):eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You should have seen me flying to Atlanta last week...Xanax is my friend! :D :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
petepuma said:
What a great gift! I would have loved that! (If I wasn't such a white knuckled flyer that is...):eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You should have seen me flying to Atlanta last week...Xanax is my friend! :D :D
:D :D :D :D You & me Both!! Went up once ina plane.... got the T-Shirt..... not going up again, if I can help it!! :D :D :D

Great Pics Robin!! What a cool Railfanning trip too!! :) :) :)

Matthyro

Dick. That is Lake Ontario you see in the photos. For those who haven't tried it yet, I found the ride very smooth and comfortable. At times you can look straight down so I imagine that wouldn't suite everyone.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Matthyro said:
Dick. That is Lake Ontario you see in the photos. For those who haven't tried it yet, I found the ride very smooth and comfortable. At times you can look straight down so I imagine that wouldn't suite everyone.
I used to have a severe case of acrophobia years ago, but it never stopped me from going on a plane, even heliocopters and I never could figure out why not. I would imagin that even now that I'm over it, looking straight down would be a bit unnearving and hard to take.:eek::eek: