6 Foot PAPER Battlestar Build by “Uncle” Joe Thornton

Jaqarll

Apr 4, 2013
Holy cow...when I think what I'm able to accomplish currently those models give me the creeps.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Well Uncle Joe must've been real busy, here I thought he was just hanging around 'Petticoat Junction" whittling wood! :)

UncleJoe.jpg

Trimble Epic

May 9, 2008
I thought about making that once... Well, not that one, but the newer one... saw a 3' version posted a while back and downloaded it...

Uncle JOE

Oct 2, 2013
Paper Battlestar

Hello people..
Uncle JOe here .. I'm happy to see that you like my 6ft Battlestar
It's really a JOB it's all hand cut everything ( Like ( 98% ) Some of it has plastic parts but .. Nothing bought Ive been working on it for the past 20 years ( Yeah it's way over due ) It takes along time to do one small section of the ship somewhere like an hour to two hours for an area the size of your palm So Im still working on it
It's currentley sitting upside down here while I work on the underside ( which has for some reason more detail than the top ) But it's comeing along So... Thanks again Uncle JOE

Uncle JOE

Oct 2, 2013
Ship

Thanks
Its all hand cut paper ... Your profile picture is of The Night Stalker
Darin Mcgavin way back in the 70's ...Very cool i used to love that show

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Uncle Joe, WELCOME to ZEALOT!! Very nice to have you post here. hope you feel free enough to stop around more often. It was a pleasure seeing that Battlestar and having you post here, well , how much better can it get! :) Welcome!! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Wow

Holy Frak what a model, regardless of the medium. This is unbelievable Uncle Joe, my hats off to you.

Absa Frakkin Lutly beautiful.:thumb:

Uncle JOE

Oct 2, 2013
Uncle Joe, WELCOME to ZEALOT!! Very nice to have you post here. hope you feel free enough to stop around more often. It was a pleasure seeing that Battlestar and having you post here, well , how much better can it get! :) Welcome!! :)

Thanks
I cant put pictures of it on here Yet But I can e-mail some to people if they want to see more pictures of it
I was hopeing to see the 3ft version but the author took the photos off It would be very cool to see that ship .. Mine is still in the makeing and it has come along way Once again thanks

Heres my E-mail joe@accessatc.net

Uncle JOE

Oct 2, 2013
I posted my ship photos in an album on the forum here if anyone would like to see them Thanks

Vince

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana, USA
That is Amazing! I would love to try something like this, but I don't think I could commit 20 years to it. And at the pace I build at, it would probably be more like 40 years. Also, my wife thought my 3 foot long model of an ocean liner was too big, she'd freak if I built a 6' anything.