2001 ASO USSC Discovery One

zathros

-----SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR----
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
O.k., Bill Nelson traveled all the way over here, from the "Train Section", by Train no less, to post in this thread, that my friend, is really something to be proud of !! :)

Bill Nelson

Dec 15, 2008
Clarksville Tn
Awesome work is awesome work. Not only did toy build an excellent model, but the presentation is very nice as well. I really like the detailed step by step, something I aspire to do from time to time.

Reactions: DanBKing

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
@Bill Nelson Thank you Bill, for the kind words.
And thank the rest of you all too, for your appreciative comments.
That is why I so enjoy being a member here at Zealot, the forum is filled by a bunch of great people.
Thank you all for letting me be a part of it.

refsmmat^

May 1, 2018
Amazing model of an amazing vessel! If only failure were not an option, it would have been a less unusual film but Discovery could have completed a nominal mission.

And here we are, it's the 50th anniversary of '2001: A Space Odyssey'...

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
A spark of life. Emerges from the ashes. Seeking, places high!

It has begun! The re-homing of the Discovery!

The great unpacking........! Space-Cat approves!

20210222_170657.resized.jpg 20210222_170715.resized.jpg

The display case has withstood all the transportation anomalies unscathed, I am pleased to say!

I have assembled the case and placed it temporarily atop the dressoir. The next step, is to build a supporting structure, to place the display case up against the ceiling. The structure will be open-plan, with maybe a couple of shelves. That way, I will still have unrestricted light to the rest of the room, from the windows behind.

20210222_172443.resized.jpg 20210222_172516.resized.jpg

As we say in Dutch: Wordt vervolgd..... ;)

:wave:

Last edited:

Awry_Chaos

Dec 23, 2020
Spokane, WA
A spark of life. Emerges from the ashes. Seeking, places high!

It has begun! The re-homing of the Discovery!

The great unpacking........! Space-Cat approves!

View attachment 191952 View attachment 191953

The display case has withstood all the transportation anomalies unscathed, I am pleased to say!

I have assembled the case and placed it temporarily atop the dressoir. The next step, is to build a supporting structure, to place the display case up against the ceiling. The structure will be open-plan, with maybe a couple of shelves. That way, I will still have unrestricted light to the rest of the room, from the windows behind.

View attachment 191954 View attachment 191955

As we say in Dutch: Wordt vervolgd..... ;)

:wave:
Looks like a nice display case! Its going to look great!

zathros

-----SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR----
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
I bet the right Bar or club, or Museum, would pay a fortune for it. What could be enough for the time you put into it? This is a piece to pass down the family line. It will never be out of date. It looks astounding!!! :)