2001 ASO USSC Discovery One

DanBKing

Dan the Man
@zathros by 'obelisk', I assume you mean the Monolith........ ??
But, coming to think about it, the two boards of the display case do look like Monoliths....

I have never even noticed or looked at it that way !!
But, unfortuantly, the ratio is nowhere near 1 : 4 : 9 ......... More like 0,002 : 1,2 : 9

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
blinky lights in the toy section of the dollar tree work, also e-candles in the greeting card section also work, they are yellow flickering, but you can filter over them to gets something out of them, 3/a buck, not bad.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
I think it will really shine!!

I hope so! ;)

I am DETERMINED to get this project finished and mounted on the wall this weekend!!!!!
This project has been going on long enough!!:(

The lighting has taken more effort to get right than I first anticipated. I am already on the FOURTH version of the lighting!!!!:eek:

I hope to post some pictures of the process over the next day or two..... Then, when this project is done, I can concentrate on the other current project, which is REALLY gonna shine!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Looking at that gain this morning, damn, that really does look good!!

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Thanks @Tonino The pic above was only for a contrast test. The LEDs that are lighting the model have not been focused or baffled yet. There is way too much light spill on the background in the above pic.

But, its almost there now.

I am making the necessary mounting bars for the model lighting and installing them today. Once that is done, the insides of the display case boards, plus all the wires and LED fixings, will be given a coat of black schoolboard paint to minimise any reflections.
Then I can get the model finally hung. :animated:

Then everything has to be wired up at the back of the background board, tested, and once happy with everything, get it on the wall, sit down with a beer and enjoy my moment of fulfilling a 42 year old dream. :biggrin:

If all goes well, I am hoping to do the 'Grand Unveiling', exclusive to Zealot, this Sunday evening, European time (GMT +1)

Stay tuned folks.

:wave: