1945 Scammell Pioneer SV2S

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Still plugging away,,, hands giving me big problems , but to all purposes it is just about done... few more tiny bits here and there.

Interior shot...

10-10-17Interior.jpg

Door Latches,,better than wot was thar!

10-10-17InteriorDoorLatch.jpg

Had to replace the stupid rolled tube with the u-shaped piece of card stock on each end , for a real tow bar system!

10-10-17TowBar.jpg

..and a whole bunch more little fiddly bits that just have to be there or it won't look right!!

10-10-17Tools.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
They are real. I think Gandolf has some kind of miniaturizing machine he's holding back on, of course that means he has a real Scammel!! ;)

Chuffy70

This brings back memories of building an Airfix one as a youth... Although it was a Tank Transporter, I guess the same Tractor unit?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The one modeled here was a tank recovery vehicle. The chassis was used for many things though. Great British engineering at it's best! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
The one modeled here was a tank recovery vehicle. The chassis was used for many things though. Great British engineering at it's best! :)
Okay, now ya done it John, my next project may just have to be my 1/35th scale Tamiya "Dragon Wagon"...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I used to build Tamiya models. I even had their huge CB750 Cafe Racer. I built every single link on the chain. They are one of the best model makers, quite expensive now. I would try to find something on EBAY, but you only live once. The Dragon Wagon is neat because you can build a tank for it when you're done. I had many of the local model shops ask me for my Dioramas to put on display. I'd get a break on prices. Unfortunately, as people went for the "Gimme now, with no effort', these hobby shops are all gone. I have a nice collection of plastic models I'd like to get too someday. I have an original in the box, unopened Renwahl Visible V-8. I built this model one. I had lubricated it with pure Silicon, and put a more powerful motor in the starter motor housing. The thing would really scream, and with the lights firing as spark plugs, it was a sight to behold. I ended giving all my models away, not anymore though, I'll pass them onto my son. ;)

Last edited:

micahrogers

Staff member
When I lost my house in Mississippik, all my finished models were given to my friends there... My Screamin 1/4 scale Vinyl Darth Vader, my fully lit 1/1400th Enterprise-D, and my fully lit !/1400th Galor class included... I will never see those kits again. I saved many boxed kits, but half of them were stolen at the storage place... I still have my "Dragon Wagon", and a clear USS Yamaguchi, and a 1/72nd XB-70, and various smaller kits in my shed...

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@micahrogers I am sorry that you lost all of those models. Sadly, I know the feeling all too well. When I moved back to the US, I had to leave behind all of the models that I made there.

micahrogers

Staff member
@micahrogers I am sorry that you lost all of those models. Sadly, I know the feeling all too well. When I moved back to the US, I had to leave behind all of the models that I made there.
The one thing I have learned... Take a TON of pictures. My pics for the Millennium Falcon all have XXX for numbering... 999 pics for a build, even the MF, will be a bunch.

I even gave the stand an XX number sequence.