1/25-scale figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Nunn

I have been looking for 1/25 scale tank crew figures a scale figure is a very nice finishing touch to a model. I have found a few on Ebay from older Academy kits they are not the best but they are all I can find. Do any of you guys know of other military figures in 1/25 scale?

George

Figures 1:25

Hi Jim,

I have been looking for the same...the closes thing I have found
is Preiser figures (for model railways). I have found figures in both
1:25 and 1:22,5 (G Scale). They even have a kit with German WW2
weapons. Preiser have some Military band soldiers but what you have to
do is to find a suitable figure and model it. The have a wide selection of
unpainted figures also.

http://www.ontrackscart.co.uk/Main.html

Click on the Preiser Logo in the middle and in the new screen chose
category to the left!!!

Be good,

Jörgen

wunwinglow

Tamiya did a handful of German soldiers, originally in plastic but more recently in metal in 1:25 scale. They are not in the current Tamiaya listing but several shops I searched seemed to still have the metal ones. They also did several sets of Racing car figures in plastic, although I think the scale was slightly different; either 1:24 or maybe 1:20.

There are literally thousands of metal and resin military figures on the market, 77mm size equates well to 1:25, but they can be pricey. Maybe eBay can turn something up for you.

Tim Perry

J

Jim Nunn

Jörgen,

I have seen the Preiser Figures but was not aware that they produced a set of 1/25 scale weapons. I had given some thought of reworking the band figures to combat figures but that may be more then my modeling skills can produce. Now the weapons are going to be very useful, however I’m in the middle of designing a paper MG42 in 1/25 and It looks like Preiser has a MG42 in the weapons set, would any of you be interested in building a 1/25 scale MG42 if so I’ll continue on the project and ether put it up on this forum or in the card model Zine.

Tim,

I’ll start looking for the Tamiya figures, sounds like they may be a good find.

Jim Nunn

George

I remember back in the early 70's when I was building plastic Tamiya
had a good selection of 1:25 armor. In most of those kits one or several
figures was included. I did build the Tiger I with electric motor and in that
one you got a crew member plus the commander (plus MG and submachine gun).

Jörgen

david n

Figures

1/24/25 scale works out to 75mm in figure scales. Outside of plastic model soldiers, which are usually sold in scale sizes, most individual figures are sold in MM sizes... 54mm (1/32 scale)... 120mm (1/15/16 scale) and 75mm (1/24/25 scale).

Before the 1990s, 75mm figures were quite common. Mil Art from England, for example, had tons. In the 90s, 120mm really became dominant for larger sized figs, and 75mm stuff has gone underground. You might try The Red Lancers in Milton, PA. He has a great selection of figures in all scales. I have dealt with him off/on for many, many years and I recommend them without reservation.

Tamiya's 1/25 Germans were originally cast in metal, with plastic guns, equipment, and a little black plastic base. Later on, the bodies were reworked into plastic, and some American soldiers were added. None of these are great figures, as they are rather static and cartooney. Recently some of the Germans have again been reissued in metal.

Hasegawa has a new 1/24 Jeep and Kubelwagen; both with a figure or two. You might be able to snag someone's leftovers over on Hyperscale.com

Status
Not open for further replies.