Apr 5, 2013
That hatch rocks!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Excellent! Is that the latch from the video on your finger? If yes I can tell you that you would have gotten in real trouble if I had sent you my version. Your version looks really good and I think it is the best you can do at that scale. :)

• Haha
Reactions: micahrogers

Kolokolnikov

Jan 17, 2021
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Excellent! Is that the latch from the video on your finger? If yes I can tell you that you would have gotten in real trouble if I had sent you my version. Your version looks really good and I think it is the best you can do at that scale. :)
I would redesign it to simplify assembly. Vut now I'm generally thinking of ordering 3D printing of latches. Yesturday I found STL files of latches from Adam Savage. If the test print works, then I will use exactly the resin parts printed.

It is not a problem for me to replace some of the parts with some other material, if it saves time, and most importantly improves the quality of the model. I will consider this as an aftermarket detail.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I would redesign it to simplify assembly. Vut now I'm generally thinking of ordering 3D printing of latches. Yesturday I found STL files of latches from Adam Savage. If the test print works, then I will use exactly the resin parts printed.

It is not a problem for me to replace some of the parts with some other material, if it saves time, and most importantly improves the quality of the model. I will consider this as an aftermarket detail.
Adam Savage's Tested team did a build for the Smithsonian, and had over a hundred different Makers, use various materials to build a 1/1 scale Apollo hatch. Great video of the actual assembly at Smithsonian. And he made all the STL files public.

Reactions: zathros

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
YES!!!!! I finally found my copy of this file. I was looking for another file, and found this one. It was not in the KLWest folder where it is supposed to be...... but some how got put in my doc. folder. Mistake Corrected. Now its in the correct folder with the other 3 KLW files I have :)