1/12 Apollo Command Module

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
There are only a few places that you can tell that this is a paper model..... but other then that you have gotten the look closer to the real thing then even plastic models can get.

Job WELL done!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Super clean build. Plastic models do not innately come with the sharp edges that many real objects have, and need sanding or paint/filler, to get their. On a model like this, an equivalent plastic model just oukd not have the detail capability. If it did, you could probaly by a small nice used car for the price they would charge. Could you imagine what Tamiya would charge for a 1/12 scale model fully detailed? I can't. :)

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Bandai only want $200ish for the 1/2 scale BB-8... outta my price range, but many can afford that.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I built the Honda model below. When I purchased it it was $175.00 bucks. The chains is individual links. You built everything. I had it for years, and eventually gave it to a friend (funny, I can't even remember his name now) but that model, when available, costs $870 and worth every penny. It hasn't been available for a very long time, though some pop up on EBAY once in a while, usually half built, It looks truly like the real thing, and you don't have to paint anything, you do have to grease the chain though. which took around a week of on and off building to complete. ;)

Link = https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/die-...da-cb750-racing/semi-assembled-premium-model/

Tamiya Honda CB750.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I agree John, Tamiya make some absolutely superb models, and some of them cost outrageous sums of money. Way back I built on of those 1/6th scale bikes for a friends son, who rode for team Honda. They provided the kit, and custom mixed paints, and decals... Took me 4 months working 10 to 12 hrs a weekend. It was a CBR 1100 Superbike. The kid rode 2 seasons, then fell off in a turn, and quit.

Reactions: zathros