This will be the future home of the Card Models WIKI. My hope is to make it similar to the Card Faq of old..... If you are interested in participating please message cgutzmer.
WIKI Contributors and Job Descriptions
How to write an article (Also know as how to upload images)
Card Models WIKI
- ...by mail order?
- ...on the Internet?
- What about models of...?
- How can I contact a designer if I find their models for sale illegaly?
- How do I order from overseas?
- Appendix: More Sources for Card Models, non-mail order and various obscure sources.
- ...on the Internet? (including forums)
- Directories and Links
- Free Models
- ...how about books, magazines, &c?
- What model should I start with?
- What tools do I need?
- Basic techniques
- What to use for a building board?
- How do I cut little tiny parts?
- How do I butt glue edges together?
- How do I roll tiny cylinders?
- How do I hold parts while the glue dries?
- What if I mess up?
- How do I preserve my paper models for posterity?
- Miscellaneous tips
- Die-cut models: blessing or bane?
- How to cut circles?
- Laminating or doubling card stock
- The traveling card modeler
- Packing and shipping models
- Colouring cut edges
- Window and canopy glazing
- Compound curves
- Lighting models
- Bases and backdrops
- Scenery and detailing
- Display cases
- Detailing ship models
- Working models
- Airplane tips
- Mixing media
- What printer or copier to use?
- Commercial printing
- Choice of papers
- Printing downloaded models
- Painting scratchbuilt models
- Software for Designing and Coloring
- Appendix: Designing Paper Models
- Appendix: Maths Primer for the Card Modeler
- Appendix: Glossary of Paper Terms
- More Sources for Card Models
- Glossary of Paper Terms
- Maths Primer for the Card Modeler
- Designing Paper Models
- Abbreviations from S&S catalog
- Polish-English Glossary
- French-English Glossary
About the HobbyWiki
- Helpful Info - We've chosen to use a wiki, so the the entire Hobby community can contribute. Many pages here are unprotected, so they can be updated by anyone. Old versions of those pages are never lost though, so they can be rolled back. We encourage the entire community to participate in the flow of information here. Our ultimate goal is to make this the largest repository for information regarding hobbies.