Zephyr Programming Bachmann

John P

I've just been playing with my new Layout, I'm running a new Zephyr DCC start set with approx 80ft of track covering a 10'x8' area. I'm running an Athearn sd40 Digitrax DCC, A bachmann gp38 DCC onboard, and a sw7 Cow dc, all running beautifully at the same time. My question is about the bachmann-I just picked it up and I was trying to change its factory "03" address to the loco's own number-my zephyr keeps giving me a "d nd" error but there is no problem programming my sd40 Digitrax address. Is it possible to change the bachmann dcc decoder address on my Zephyr unit?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I don't see why not, but you may need to check what the Bachmann instructions say about reprogramming that decoder...

One other problem that I have heard about (right here on The Gauge in fact) is that the Zephyr does have some programming track power issues - the example relates to programming a Broadway Limited sound equipped loco. There apparently is a booster required to get the signal through. I believe it was Tony's that fixed the problem.

Have you tried programming on both a dedicated track and on the main?

Andrew