Z-scale layouts

Heine Pedersen

Hi folks, I am from Norway, and I found the link to this board in a message on the Yahoo Z-scale group. I understand that you like photos, so here we go... :)

I start with my first Z-scale layout. A coffee table:

bord_logo_07.JPG

02.JPG

04.JPG

08.JPG

landsby_07.JPG

More than 100 photos of the making of the table on http://www.heinepedersen.com/miniclub/ Photos like this:

landskap_15.JPG

Anachron

Hello Heine and welcome to the gauge :)

I have seen your coffe table layout at Hobbymässan here in stockholm, and its truly an amazing layout u have created! :D
and it took me some time to figure out the trackplan hehe :p

nalmeida

Amazing work you've done there Heine, I'm doing a small layout in z scale to, the dimensions are slightly small than your briefcase layout. I'll visit your site to see some wip photos. If you are doing something at the moment please post your progress here in The Gauge... yes we really do love pictures :)

Heine Pedersen

Anachron said:
Hello Heine and welcome to the gauge :)

I have seen your coffe table layout at Hobbymässan here in stockholm, and its truly an amazing layout u have created! :D
and it took me some time to figure out the trackplan hehe :p
Thanks Anachron, Stockholm was fun. It is always nice to display the coffe table. :) It has been to seven shows in the last one and a half year...

And here is the trackplan:

fugleperspektiv12-09-01.JPG

jmarksbery

:wave: Hi Heine and welcome to the Gauge. Love pictures? To us it is like a fix, we have to have them! They were Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

shaygetz

Welcome to The Gauge, Heine. I love European equipment and find your posts a refreshing pause from American prototypes. As for Z scale, I appreciate the fine mechanisms involved. I own one Marklin Z railcar, a Sinalco Cola refridgerated truck. I keep it around to remind me that the small parts I growl at in HO scale could be smaller....much smaller :eek: :)

Anachron

Thanks Anachron, Stockholm was fun. It is always nice to display the coffe table. It has been to seven shows in the last one and a half year...

And here is the trackplan:
Wow I didnt even know that so many shows existed here in scandinavia :D

You have really hidden that track plan real good, what are friends telling you when they see your coffe table? :)

And btw, thats one crazy shelf layout!
have you been able to create a good trackwork with such a mad trackplan? :D

Wow! That is absolutely spectacular. And your website is great too! Where do you find the time?

Have you decided on an industry for the briefcase yet? The "Giant Lima Bean" farm does have some humor appeal but perhaps something a little less Woody Allen would be better.

keep up the great work and thanks for sharing it with us.

Heine Pedersen

Anachron said:
Wow I didnt even know that so many shows existed here in scandinavia :D

You have really hidden that track plan real good, what are friends telling you when they see your coffe table? :)

Well, I have been to three shows in Norway and four in Sweden. This is from my first show in Oslo october 2002:

forside.JPG

Photo by Svein Martin Holt www.platelayer.com

I brought along my couch and made a platform to gain som more height:

hostmessa02.JPG

Photo by Lars Byman

I also got my Picture in the leading Norwegian newspaper:

hostmessa03.JPG

I was also interviued on national Norwegian radio... (of all things). I had to explain how the layout was buildt. :)

Heine Pedersen

Anachron said:
No problems with the trackwork. :) It is about 80 meters of Peco flex-track and 50-60 Märklin turnouts... All turnouts are purchased from ebay.de.

One lap on the mainline takes about 8-10 minutes...

Its a lot of levels in the highest part:

sporlegging23.JPG

On this picture the top level is actually missing...

Heine Pedersen

YakkoWarner said:
Wow! That is absolutely spectacular. And your website is great too! Where do you find the time?

Have you decided on an industry for the briefcase yet? The "Giant Lima Bean" farm does have some humor appeal but perhaps something a little less Woody Allen would be better.

keep up the great work and thanks for sharing it with us.
Thanks, the industri has turned into a mine... I am not sure what they dig out of it though. :confused:

shaygetz

Heine Pedersen said:
No problems with the trackwork. :) It is about 80 meters of Peco flex-track and 50-60 Märklin turnouts... All turnouts are purchased from ebay.de.

One lap on the mainline takes about 8-10 minutes...

Beautiful carpentry...couldn't imagine how much space this would need to duplicate in HO scale.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
First, Heine, welcome to the gauge! Second, I am impressed! that is one very nice Z scale layout! Finally, I'll feel I deserve an opinion on Z scale, after I finish building the Nn3 version of this:

Attachments

• 2442.jpg
    2442.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 585

Papa Bear

Welcome to The Gauge, Heine! Love the layouts, especially the coffee table. That's some great modelling and carpentry work.

Speaking of work, Sumpter, it looks like you've got yours cut out for you.
John