Z Scale Issaquah, WA Depot

pray59

Dec 31, 2003
Fremont, CA
home.comcast.net
I decided make the NP Issaquah depot in Z Scale after visiting it while on the NMRA Convention in Seattle this summer. I painted the depot in the colors the depot/ museum wears today, but had made another one and painted it in the NP sand and brown colors.

I made the chimney's more prototypical, and made my own shingles instead of using the Paper Creek ones.
p915e.jpg

I also added some figures, details, and signs.
p915f.jpg

The hard part was getting the signs to print and still be readable.
p915g.jpg

And here is a yard shanty I made and painted in the same color scheme to match on my Z Bend Track Module. Notice the mainline tracks are code 57 Micro-Trains flextrack, and the siding is code 40 handlaid. I used Arizona Rock and Mineral N Scale ballast.

p916a.jpg

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
pray59 said:
I decided make the NP Issaquah depot in Z Scale after visiting it while on the NMRA Convention in Seattle this summer. I painted the depot in the colors the depot/ museum wears today,

You're kidding, right??? I've been there before. You just took a picture of the depot and posted it here :) :)

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

pray59

Dec 31, 2003
Fremont, CA
home.comcast.net
Thanks for the kind words everyone. To give you an idea of the size, look at the 3rd photo. The station platform is made of 1/32" Basswood, and it looks way too thick in the photo. In person I never noticed it. ;)

simonf

Sep 19, 2004
great pics! nice website too. i can't believe you run dcc in those little guys
biggrin.gif