Your responce to an idea????

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Today I floated an idea to 77railer, sugesting that the kids he is helping with the model RR they are building, might like to comunicate with people from other countries..
As the Gauge has members in countries all around the globe, and of all ages it might be apropiate for them to chat with us on ANY subject that they like, (in general talk) trains, culture, you know what I mean, I think it would broarden there outlook on the world and its poeple.... What do you think??... have a good one.. steve

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
pitchwife(clark), sounds good to me. how do we set it up, as it has to be moniterd by:- I guess, the school, or maybe 77railer ? and I supose by our own mods... have a good one.. steve

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Sounds good to me...they would be supervised on the pc in my room anyway....unless they did it from home which is also a possibility.

77Railer

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
If 13 is the youngest age allowed, is there someway to restrict thier access to the gauge/ say to thier own forum.and then the rest of the members could check in from time to time. and it would be a way of getting young blood into the hobby and thats how we pass on our own experance and know how... have a good one..steve

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Good idea, Steve. I think that MRR'ers need to explore every avenue of "recruiting" future members in this great hobby... as long as the supervision angle is well covered !

Bob

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
N Gauger said:
First thing that comes to mind is that The Gauge doesn't allow people under 13 on it.. :(

You could set up something on Yahoo..maybe?? I'll make sure Peter finds his way in here too :) :)

I wasn't aware that there was an age limit on the Gauge. If we want new blood brought into the hobby it seems like we should have some way for the younger crowd to participate.
Perhaps 77railer could set up a seperate forum and then forward questions or comments that he deemed worthy to the appropriate forum on The Gauge. That way the kids could log on and see their questions addressed while not overwhelming the already overworked (and much appreciated :thumb: ) moderators and administrators with a bunch of inappropriate posts.
Just a thought.

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Well, probably what would be easiest on everyone is if I started a thread called Mayewood RailRoaders and I would ask questions on the kids behalf from the class computer and I could allow them to read the replys. Since I would be the one on the PC it would all be legit. Whatcha Think?

77Railer