yf-25 wyvern from ace combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth crofton

Mentioned this in the jxx post but delayed a bit in posting . here are the pics and template for the yf-25 wyvern. hope you enjoy. my one build of it showed some needs for fixing a couple of pieces which i have already done on the template. mainly making sure the top wing was the top wing not another copy of the bottom of the wing. :cry:

Attachments

• 100_1818.jpg
    100_1818.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_1821.jpg
    100_1821.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_1819.jpg
    100_1819.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_1822.jpg
    100_1822.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 41

seth crofton

template and 3 view

Here is the jpeg template and 3 view along with an image of the wings retracted.

Attachments

• wyvern1.jpg
    wyvern1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 89
  • yf-25xwyverntemplate.jpg
    yf-25xwyverntemplate.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 167
  • YF-25X-02Wyvern.jpg
    YF-25X-02Wyvern.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 95
  • x02-3.jpg
    x02-3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 71

seth crofton

thanks it does glide kinda funky though takes a bit of trimming but nose weight is still just a paperclip. feel free to download and color one up. I use prisma color pencils myself.

also just snip off the extra part of the wing to make a retracted wing version of the aircraft.That would hlep with its flight characteristics.

TonyG2

A belated thanks for this one. Having given up on a commercial kit of this ever being released, I've been trying to scratchbuild one out of sheet styrene and and assorted parts from the spare box.

Two tries so far just didn't look right and have been recycled into the spares box again. If it looked right from the top then it was off from the front etc.

This is really helping to get a scratchbuild to look right and is near enough to 1/144 to match up paper against plastic....

Now if only for a few more of the Ace Combat "super fighters" such as the Morgan, Fenrir, Nosferatu and Cariburn :mrgreen:

Paladin

I believe the parts are shown right up there in his posting in this thread. I got them that way. I just clicked on the picture of the parts, and right clicked to "save picture as". I also saved the plans and finished pix of the model to see where the parts go, although they aren't hard to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.